Most factories understand hard rails and linear rails: if they are used to make products, they buy linear rails; if they are processing molds, they buy hard rails. The accuracy of the linear rails is higher than that of the hard rails, but the hard rails are more durable.
Hard track characteristics
1. Advantages of CNC machining hard rail:
1. It can withstand larger loads and is suitable for roughing machine tools with large tool volume and large feed.
2. Because of the large contact area of the guide rail, the machine tool runs more smoothly, which is suitable for machine tools with higher requirements for machine vibration, such as grinders.
2. Disadvantages of hard track:
1. The material is not uniform. Because it is generally cast, it is easy to produce casting defects such as sand inclusion, porosity, and looseness in the material. If these defects exist on the guide rail surface, it will have a negative impact on the service life of the guide rail and the accuracy of the machine tool.
2. Processing is more difficult, because this type of guide rail is generally connected to the main parts of the machine tool such as the base, column, workbench, and saddle. Therefore, in the process of processing, its shape and position tolerances, roughness requirements, and timeliness Processing, quenching and other processes are difficult to control, resulting in the processing quality of the parts can not meet the requirements of assembly.
3. It is difficult to assemble. The word “assembly” means to assemble as well as to assemble, and the matching process is a process of combining technology and physical strength. It cannot be done by ordinary workers. It requires a relative quantity of skills. CNC machining & Milling machine tools can only be completed by assembly workers who are quite sure of the overall accuracy. At the same time, it also needs to be equipped with a blade, flat ruler, square ruler, square ruler, dial indicator, dial indicator and other corresponding tools to complete it.
4. The service life is not long. This can only be done in relative terms. Under the same maintenance and use conditions, the service life of common hard rails is less than the service life of linear rails, which is very much related to their movement methods. In terms of friction, the hard rail runs under sliding friction, while the linear rail runs under rolling friction. In terms of friction, the friction on the hard rail is much greater than the friction on the linear rail, especially in lubrication. In the case of insufficient, the friction of the hard rail is even worse.
5. The maintenance cost is too high. The maintenance of the hard rail is far greater than the maintenance of the linear rail in terms of difficulty and maintenance cost. If the scraping margin is insufficient, it may involve the dismantling of all the large parts of the machine tool. Re-hardening and machining, or even re-casting the large part, and the wire gauge only needs to be replaced with the corresponding wire rail, which will not greatly affect the use of related large parts.
6. The running speed of the machine tool is low. Because of the way of movement and the friction that the hard rail bears is too large, it usually cannot bear the running speed too fast. This is contrary to the current processing concept. In particular, many factory workers do not have the corresponding maintenance knowledge of machine tools. Many times they only know the use of machine tools, but to a large extent ignore the maintenance of machine tools. The maintenance of machine tool tracks is the most important thing. Once the track is not sufficiently lubricated, It will cause the track to burn or wear out, which is fatal to the accuracy of the Precision CNC machined.
If you’d like to speak to a member of the Anebon team, please get in touch at email@example.com