The addition of anti-skinning agents to paint prevents the formation of skin, which is formed due to oxidation and polymerization of the binder at the paint-air interface. The anti-skinning agents inhibit or delay the oxidative processes, which lead to skin formation during both storage and application. They do not affect the color and film formation tendencies. The formation of skin is directly proportional to the temperature of the environment the paint is exposed to, and the solid content in the paint. Poor formulation, production faults and faults in processing also contribute to this problem. Also, the skin formed blocks the nozzles of the spray painting equipment and impair the appearance of the coat. The loss occurred due to skinning is estimated at 3-5%.
Prevention Measures include proper sealing of paint pails, anti-skinning agents, straining paint through a nylon strainer, storage of paint in cool areas and replacing air by nitrogen in headspace of storage containers. The only disadvantage of using anti-skinning agents is the increase in drying time due to anti-oxidant property. Dosage should be carefully optimized to attain right level of anti-skinning activity and drying time.
Request Sample Copy of the Business Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/446
Anti-Skinning Agents Market Taxonomy
On basis of type of agent used
- 2-butanone ketoxime (methylethylketoxime (MEKO))
- Cyclohexanone oxime
- 2,6-di-t-butyl-4-methoxyphenol (BHT)
- Retention Aids
On basis of Application
- Solvent Borne
- Water Borne
On basis of End User
- Printing Inks
- Industrial Woods
- General Industrial
- Pigment Dispersions
Anti-skinning agents are generally used as solvent borne coating, mainly in alkyd based paints. The increasing use of methylethylketoxime (MEKO) skinning agent in alkyd based paints used for printing inks, industrial wood, pigment dispersions, and general industrial end-uses to prevent skinning factor are fueling the growth of global anti-skinning agents market. Moreover, oximes and phenols are well-known as oxygen scavengers and largely helps in reducing oxidation rates. Hence, they are the primary constituent in most anti-skinning agents. MEKO is the most widely used anti-skinning agent and is added in very small proportions to the paint (0.5%). Retention aids prevent applied paint films from drying too quickly. Furthermore, solvents used as anti-skinning agents dissolves the components which form skins.
The growing demand for anti-skinning agents from printing inks industry is the major driver for the growth of anti-skinning market globally. The decorative end-use segment is the fastest growing segment in the anti-skinning agent market. The factors such as the growing GDP and rapid urbanization in Asia Pacific, primarily in China, and India creates a highly conducive environment for market growth. Due to which, the demand for new and improved infrastructure is increasing, enabling the growth of decorative paints, which in turn is fueling the anti-skinning agents market during the forecast period.
Ask for Report Customization @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/446
Surging demand in Asia-Pacific Augmenting Market Growth
- Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at a rapid pace due to demand from the expansive construction industry, which in turn driving paints and anti-skinning agents market. The growing urbanization, rising paints and coatings industry, and rise in disposable incomes of the population are the major drivers for the burgeoning growth of anti-skinning agents in the Asia Pacific region. For instance, according to the India Paint Association, the paint industry in India is valued at US$ 7.6 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow to US$ 10.8 billion by 2020. Also, as per statistics released by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF)—a Trust established by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India—the Indian government plans to invest US$ 376.53 billion in infrastructure development over the following three years.
- Growth in the developed world i.e. North America and Europe is dependent on the market of the construction industry. These markets are matured and growth is typically slow than in emerging markets. With increased environmental regulations in these countries new technologies and products are been developing at a rapid pace. Hence, allowing the anti-skinning agent market to grow at a descent rate.
- Latin America is experiencing mixed growth figures. Brazil is the largest market of anti-skinning agents in Latin America. However, Brazil has experienced a slight slowdown in construction industry, but the countries such as Colombia, Mexico, and Argentina have experienced moderate to rapid growth in construction activities, which in turn allowing the significant growth of anti-skinning agents market over the following years.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Anti-Skinning Agents Market, click the link below:
Major companies are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies to sustain a better market position in the anti-skinning agent market. For instance, the company named Brochers has developed an oxime-free anti-skinning agent, which have anti-oxidant properties similar to oximes and phenols, and are non-hazardous substitutions for them. Oximes provide a major advantage of being oxygen scavengers are also toxic in nature. Some of the major companies operating in the Anti-Skinning Agents market are Borchers, Dura Chemicals, Gelest Inc., OMG Americas, Polyrheo Inc., GSFC Ltd., Arkema, and Troy Corporation.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Address:1001 4th Ave, #3200
Country: United States