The global antimicrobial medical textiles market is expected to reach USD 799.7 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases, an upsurge in the nosocomial infections worldwide, and growing awareness towards better healthcare practices are projected to fuel the demand for the product over the forecast period.
Application of polymeric materials for medical textiles is growing at a very fast pace. Polymers have found its applications across varied biomedical fields such as implantation of medical devices and artificial organs, tissue engineering, prostheses, dentistry, bone repair, ophthalmology and many other fields.
Rising awareness about advantages of antimicrobial textiles coupled with rising focus towards hygiene in hospitals is expected to augment development. However, stringent regulatory policies regarding use of these materials in Europe and North America is likely to restrain growth.
Full Research Report On Antimicrobial Medical Textiles Market Analysis: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antimicrobial-medical-textiles-market
U.S. antimicrobial medical textiles market volume, by application, 2013 – 2024 (Tons)
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Metallic salts based medical textiles dominated the overall market in 2015 accounting for a share of about 55%, in terms of revenue. Metallic salts enhance the anti-microbial activity by killing microbes that bind to intracellular proteins and inactivates them. The various metals used for improving the antimicrobial properties are copper, silver, zinc and cobalt. Development of advanced materials such as nano-silver is expected to propel the demand over the forecast period.
- Antimicrobial medical textiles demand from healthcare and hygiene products accounted for the largest market share of about 40% in 2015. These products are being increasingly used in operation theaters or hospital wards for safety, hygiene, and care of staff and patients. These are also being used as bed sheets and curtains in the hospitals, in order to prevent infection. Non-implantable goods segment is likely to witness significant growth on account of rising demand for antimicrobial wound dressing and bandages. They are majorly used as absorbent, protective and covering for diseased or injured part.
- Europe dominated the overall market with a share of over 40% in 2015. Growing population, changing consumer attitudes towards health & hygiene, and availability of new medical technologies is expected to have a positive impact on the demand over the forecast period.
- Key participants include Trevira GmbH, Microban International, Biocote Ltd., Annovotek LLC, Herculite, PurThread Technologies, and Surgicotfab Textile Pvt. Ltd. The global antimicrobial medical textiles market is being dominated by a limited number of big multinational companies that possess the caliber of bringing innovations to the global market. The key strategies being adopted by the companies include high R&D investment and alliances with domestic players in order to capture the regional markets.
Browse More Reports Of This Category By Grand View Research At: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/smart-textiles
Grand View Research has segmented the global antimicrobial medical textiles market on the basis of finishing agent, product, and region:
Antimicrobial Medical Textiles Finishing Agent Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Quaternary ammonium
- Metallic Salts
Antimicrobial Medical Textiles Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Implantable Goods
- Non-Implantable Goods
- Healthcare & Hygiene Products
Antimicrobial Medical Textiles Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Navigate with Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States