The global anticoagulant reversal drugs market size is expected to reach USD 1.81 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2020 to 2027. The rising number of bleeding disorders, the introduction of new drugs, and the growing number of cases requiring anticoagulant therapies are some of the factors anticipated to foster market growth during the forecast period.
In October 2015, Praxbind (idarucizumab) by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals was approved as an anticoagulant reversal drug indicated for patients treated with Pradaxa (dabigatran) during emergency surgery or uncontrolled or life-threatening bleeding. Hence, the availability of these anticoagulation reversal drugs allows doctors and patients to consider such treatment options with greater confidence, therefore boosting the demand for anticoagulant reversal drugs.
Bleeding disorders like hemophilia can be acquired or inherited. However, other bleeding disorders can occur from conditions, such as HIV, anemia, leukemia, cirrhosis of the liver, and vitamin K deficiency. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, more than 3 million people in the U.S. are affected with anemia, which is the most common blood disorder. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) stated that in the year 2020, the number of people expected to be diagnosed with leukemia is around 60,530. A rise in bleeding disorders is increasing the demand for anticoagulants, thus fueling the market growth.
However, the high cost of these reversal therapies is anticipated to restrain the market growth. As per the American College of Cardiology, 4-F PCC (Kcentra) helps in treating bleeding cases caused by rivaroxaban and apixaban and it is dosed at 50 units/kg. Its average wholesale price is USD 2.90 per unit, therefore treating a patient whose weight is 100 kg would cost around USD 14,500.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anticoagulant-reversal-drugs-market
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Report Highlights
• By product type, idarucizumab held the largest share in 2019 as it is currently approved in many countries, including the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Australia. Andexanet alfa is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to its approval and launch in key markets
• Based on distribution channel, in 2019, the hospital pharmacy segment accounted for the largest share due to increased preference for hospital settings to treat the emergency cases during uncontrolled bleeding
• North America dominated the market in 2019 due to the high affordability and easy availability of such costly drugs in the U.S.
• The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing awareness about bleeding disorders in emerging economies, such as India and China
• The annual cost of treating 10 to 20 patients with idarucizumab ranges from USD 34,825 to USD 69,650, respectively with a single 5 g dose, thus hindering its demand in under-developed countriess
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anticoagulant-reversal-drugs-market/request/rs1
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global anticoagulant reversal drugs market on the basis of product type, distribution channel, and region:
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Prothrombin Complex Concentrates
• Andexanet Alfa
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Hospital Pharmacy
• Retail Pharmacy
• Online Pharmacy
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
List of Key Players of Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market
• Portola Pharmaceuticals
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• CSL Behring
• Bausch Health Companies Inc.
• Octapharma AG
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/451239/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States