The global antibody drug conjugate market size is expected to reach USD 9.93 billion by 2025, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is projected to expand at a substantial CAGR of 25.9% over the forecast period. Increasing incidence of cancer globally, coupled with the rapidly growing geriatric population, are likely to drive the market for Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC) in the coming years. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of people aged 65 years and above globally, is projected to reach 16% of the total population by 2050, from 7% in 2000. Aging has become a substantial risk factor for numerous diseases including cancer and CVD, thus driving the growth of the market over the forecast period. Furthermore, major technological advancements are also contributing to the industry advancement.
Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) are an innovative class of drugs that are composed of an antibody linked via a chemical linker, to a cytotoxic drug. ADC is designed to benefit from the high specificity of monoclonal antibodies to carry potent cytotoxic compounds selectively to antigen-expressing tumor cells. As of 2018, four ADCs were available in the market, which were Adcetris, Kadcyla, Besponsa, and Mylotarg. Due to appropriate targeting and improved technology, ADCs have been gaining a lot of attention from both small and large pharmaceutical companies. Currently there are a sizeable number of ADCs in clinical trials, and it has been projected that over the forecast period three to four ADCs will be commercialized, in the areas of refractory Hodgkin lymphoma, glioblastoma, small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer. It has been observed that the maximum number of clinical trials are being conducted for lymphoma. Seattle Genetics and Roche are notable companies in the antibody drug conjugate market in terms of market share.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibody-drug-conjugates-market
Further key findings suggest:
• As per WHO data for 2018, the most common types of cancer were breast cancer with 2.09 million cases, lung cancer with 2.09 million cases, colorectal cancer with 1.80 million cases, prostate cancer with 1.28 million cases, and skin cancer with 1.04 million cases; the rising cancer incidences are a major driver for the ADC industry globally
• Breast cancer was the largest application segment in the antibody drug conjugate market in 2017, and is likely to witness significant growth in the coming years, due to factors such as availability of Kadcyla and high prevalence of breast cancer
• Cleavable linker technology is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period in the ADC market, as maximum products in the pipeline contain cleavable linkers. In addition, in 2017 two new products, Besponsa and Mylotarg, were approved in the market
• In 2017, North America was the largest revenue generating region in the antibody-drug conjugates market, as it is the most well-established region in terms of patient awareness and usage of ADCs
• The players operating in this space are F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Seattle Genetics, Pfizer, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, AbbVie, Immunomedics, and ImmunoGen. Market players are adopting strategies, such as introducing technologically advanced products, collaborations, and geographic expansions to increase their market share
• In February 2021, Seagen and Genmab submitted a Biologics License Application (BLA) to the U.S. FDA, to seek accelerated approval for tisotumab vedotin. The ADC concerns treatment of patients with recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer, with disease progression on or after chemotherapy
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibody-drug-conjugates-market/request/rs1
Antibody Drug Conjugate Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global antibody drug conjugate market on the basis of application, technology, and region:
Antibody Drug Conjugate Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Blood Cancer
• Breast Cancer
• Ovarian Cancer
• Lung Cancer
• Brain Tumor
Antibody Drug Conjugate Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Cleavable Linker
• Non-cleavable Linker
Antibody Drug Conjugate Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5666/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company based in India and the US, and headquartered in San Francisco. The organization offers syndicated and customized research reports in 46 industries across 25 major global economies.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States