In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this Americas data center colocation market report.
The Americas data center colocation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The Americas colocation market witnessed investments in over 175 data center projects in 2019 that includes around 40 hyperscale colocation data center projects.
- Colocation investments will provide over USD 20 billion revenue opportunities for construction contractors in the Americas during 2020-2025.
- In 2019-2020, nine new entrants were identified in the Americas colocation space, Novva is the among the recent entrant, involved in development of hyperscale data center campus in Utah, US.
- The colocation service market in the US is expected to reach around USD 21 billion by 2025.
- The market for edge colocation in the US has started to gain increased traction in 2019 coupled with implementation of 5G wireless network technology.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, service type, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 11 data center colocation providers, 27 other prominent colocation providers & investors, and 7 new entrants
Americas Data Center Colocation Market – Segmentation
- The adoption of 2N redundant UPS systems has been increasing among several data center facilities. Generators and cooling systems are deployed in N+1 redundant configuration. The procurement of renewable energy for data centers will reduce the demand for generator systems in the market.
- A majority of facilities in the Americas are cooled through free cooling systems that facilitate over 4,000 hours per year. The deployment of tall racks of 45U – 52U is experiencing strong adoption in the market. Data center vendors in South-Eastern and Western US are adopting air- and water-cooled chillers with the economizer mode to facilitate partial cooling of the facility using outside air. The redundancy adopted is N+1 or N+N in the cooling segment across the US.
- The North America market has a strong presence of general contractors and a strong sub-contractor base. The competition among general contractors will increase over the next few years. Expertise in developing data centers within a short period, i.e., less than one year, will be a key criterion for data center operators in selecting general contractors.
Americas Data Center Colocation Market by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
Americas Data Center Colocation Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers
- Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
- Other Units
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Americas Data Center Colocation Market by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
Americas Data Center Colocation Market by Service Type
Americas Data Center Colocation Market – Dynamics
Data center construction is increasing significantly across the Americas in recent years. These data centers, however, are mostly restricted to urban locations and significant sites such as Texas, New York, Virginia, Toronto. In Latin America, countries such as Chile, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico are taking major initiatives in the digital transformation of various cities. In recent years, these locations have attracted high investments, and more data centers are planned for 2020 and 2021. The adoption of IoT brings wide opportunities for smart city development in the Americas. Due to the higher usage of connected devices across businesses and consumers, the concept of edge computing is gaining traction in the market. This has led to the demand for high bandwidth internet in many rural areas, thereby driving the need for data centers to process the information on par with major cities.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increased Renewable Energy Adoption Among Colocation Providers
- M&As to Improve Colocation Market Share
- Rising Hyperscale Deployments by Colocation Providers
- Cloud Computing & Connectivity, and Hybrid Infrastructure Services Fuel Colocation Demand
Americas Data Center Colocation Market – Geography
North America is among the leading markets for cloud computing, big data, and IoT technologies. Organizations in this region are currently involved in building high- performance computing data centers to continue to innovate in the field of IoT, artificial intelligence, and connected reality. Major contributors to the GDP were sectors such as e-commerce, real estate, finance, insurance, and government. The growth of the digital economy in the US is around 10% year-over-year. The US market is the largest in the world in terms of IT infrastructure spending and supports infrastructure procurement. The market witnessed new development and expansion of around 130 data center facilities, which include facilities that became operational in 2019 and expected to be operational by June 2020.
Americas Data Center Colocation Market by Geography
- Other Latin America
- China Telecom
- Digital Realty
- COPT Data Center Solutions
- CoreSite Realty
- Quality Technology Services (QTS)
- NTT Communications
Other Prominent Colocation Service Providers
- 365 Data Centers
- Aligned Energy
- Aptum Technologies
- Compass Data Centers
- Cyxtera Technologies
- Data Foundry
- DC Blox
- eStruxture Data Centers
- Fifteenfortyseven Critical Systems Realty
- H5 Data Centers
- Iron Mountain
- Prime Data Centers
- Rogers Communications
- Sabey Data Center
- Stream Data Center
- Stack Infrastructure
- T5 Data Centers
- Tigo (Millicom)
- Urbacon Data Center Solutions
- Vantage Data Centers
- Archer Data Center
- EdgeCore Internet Real Estate
- Prime Data Centers
- GIGA Data Centers
- Pegasus Group Holdings
- Stack Infrastructure
- Scala Data Centers
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States