DelveInsight’s “Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Some of the key facts of the Alcohol Use Disorder Market Report:
- An increase in the market size of AUD is anticipated for the study period 2019–2032.
USD 564.0 Million in 2021.
- The increase in market size is a direct consequence of the expected approval of emerging therapies and an increasingly diagnosed prevalent population of AUD in the 7MM.
- The US accounted for 14,608,192 cases of 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of AUD in the year 2021, which are expected to increase by the year 2032.
- In the US, the gender-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of AUD were 9,200,239 and 5,407,953 cases for males and females respectively, in the year 2021, which are expected to increase by 2032.
Key benefits of the report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market
Got queries? Click here to know more about the alcohol use disorder Market Landscape
Alcohol Use Disorder Overview
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is one of the most common substance use disorders characterized by excessive, uncontrollable drinking that impacts a person physically, emotionally, and socially. It can be mild, moderate, or severe, based on the number of symptoms experienced by an individual. A person with AUD may experience both intoxication and withdrawal symptoms such as unstable moods, poor judgment, slurred speech, problems with attention or memory, poor coordination, sweating, rapid heartbeat, hand tremors, seizures, etc.
It has multiple causes, with genetic, physiological, psychological, and social factors all impacting an individual’s behavior. Healthcare professionals use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) criteria to diagnose and determine the severity of AUD and it requires that at least two of the 11 DSM-V diagnostic criteria are present to confirm the diagnosis. The main goal of AUD treatment is either complete abstinence or reduction of heavy drinking. The current treatment options include medication-assisted treatment, behavioral interventions, detox, and psychosocial assistance from rehab and support groups. The mainstay treatment though is psychosocial intervention but with high relapse rates, the best way is to combine pharmacotherapy with psychosocial counseling and intervention.
Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiological Insights
- As per DelveInsight analysis, the 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of AUD in the 7MM were found to be 25,027,206 cases in 2021, which are expected to increase by 2032 at a CAGR of 0.6% during the study period (2019 ─2032).
- According to estimates based on DelveInsight’s analysis, the US accounted for nearly 58% of the total 12-month diagnosed prevalent cases of AUD in the 7MM in the year 2021, which are expected to increase further by 2032.
- According to estimates based on DelveInsight’s epidemiology model for AUD, the gender distribution of the disease suggests a male predominance across the 7MM, with 9,200,239 male and 5,407,953 female cases in the US in 2021.
Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiological Segmentation
- Alcohol Use Disorder 12-month Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Alcohol Use DisorderGender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases2
- Alcohol Use DisorderType-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
Alcohol Use Disorder Market
The Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market trends by analyzing the impact of current Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Alcohol Use Disorder Market Landscape
Alcohol Use Disorder Key Companies
- Adial Pharmaceutical,
- Corcept Therapeutics,
- Astellas Pharma,
- MediciNova, Novo Nordisk,
- BioXcel Therapeutics, and many others.
Alcohol Use Disorder Therapies
- Acamprosate, ANTABUSE (disulfiram)
- REVIA (oral naltrexone)
- VIVITROL (extended-release injectable naltrexone).
- SELINCRO (nalmefene)
•High Prevalence of AUD
•Advances in Pharmacological Treatment
•Personalized Treatment Approach
•Advances in Animal Models of AUD
•The Low Percentage of Patients Seeking AUD Treatment
•Side Effects of Existing Therapies
•Requirement of Abstinence for AUD Treatment
•Low Treatment Adherence
• Gender-Related Barrier
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- Alcohol use disorder Emerging Therapies
- Alcohol use disorder Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Alcohol Use Disorder Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Alcohol Use DisorderMarket Landscape
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States