As per the report by Grand View Research Inc., the global Airless Packaging Market projected at USD 8.1 billion by 2027. It is expected to develop by a 6.0% CAGR. The airless packaging is the technique of packaging that takes away air from the parcel, when the process of closing up of the parcel is in progress. This technique comprises, keeping of the things in a plastic wrap up, remove air from the interior and closing up the parcel. The purpose of airless packaging is to take out the oxygen from the urn to extend the shelf life of the foodstuff items along with to decrease the size of the stuffing and the parcel.
Increasing demand for the finest cosmetic products is projected to impel the development of the global market for airless packaging, during the period of forecast. The demand for the top class cosmetic products such as, foundations, serums and natural skin care creams is considerably increasing, globally, in the previous years.
The growing number of working women, increasing demand for the natural skin care products, and the global presentation of the cosmetic products are some of the important factors, adding to the demand for the finest cosmetic products. Because of the increasing demand for the anti wrinkle and anti-aging products, the U.K. market is projected to display the momentous development. The majorities of these products is top class and costly. These products comprise active elements; those have a tendency of oxidation and mainly packed in airless packaging. The rising demand for the anti-aging creams in the U.K. is projected to power the development of the market for airless packaging.
Download Free Sample Report @
Effect of Covid-19:
The Covid-19 pandemic has imposed an unexpected break in the global actions of the manufacturing. It has affected the demand for the plastics and likewise the processing & the production of these items. The diverse end user industries have seriously got affected, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it comprises electronics, industrial equipment, transport & automobile, construction and the consumer goods.
Further findings from the report suggest:
- Due to the existence of less number of medium scale companies along with important companies, the market for airless packaging is fairly disjointed.
- Europe retained the 34% share of the entire revenue in 2019 and appeared as the most important regional market for the airless packaging.
- Growing demand for the portable, economical and the flexible products is the important factor, adding to the development of the sector. The category of bags & pouches is expected to record the best ever CAGR of 6.6% from 2020 to 2027.
- The market players are implementing a variety of aggressive policies, for example the stress on the research & development actions, provincial development and the mergers & acquisitions.
- The application in the pharmaceutical sector is projected to observe the sizable development from 2020 to 2027. The development can be credited to increasing alertness regarding skin sickness and the speedy progress along with the endorsement of dermal medicines by the authoritarian organization, for instance, Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The development is credited to the presence of important international manufacturing companies of dermatological medicines and the cosmetics in the Europe. These companies are Unilever, Beiersdorf, LVMH, Chanel and L’Oreal.
- Due to the properties of plastic, such as simple to form, price effective and light in weight, the plastic sector detained the 63.26 % share, of the market for airless packaging, in 2019.
As a result of altering patterns of earnings the demand for the expensive products are reducing and it is estimated to adversely influence the market for airless packaging. Additionally, numerous manufacturing companies of the personal care products are choosing for the low priced packing solution, instead of airless packaging. Sequentially, this will take an unenthusiastic influence on the market for airless packaging.
Have some specific queries about this report, our team of analyst will be glad to help!
A number of factors for example, greater prices of the airless jars or else the bottles and their problem of sustainability, are restraining their extensive entrance into the use. With reference to the April 2020 rates, the airless plastic bottle having capacity of 50ml, approximately costs USD1.50 to 2.0. While, non airless bottle, with the same capacity of 50ml approximately costs USD0.20 to 0.40 these prices vary as per the quantity of the purchase. The unexpected instability in the prices of the raw materials has forced to the rise in the cost of the production of the airless packaging, in addition to the broadening the difference between the supply-demand.
Some of the companies for Airless Packaging Market are:
- HCP Packaging
- Quad pack
- AptarGroup, Inc.
- ALBEA S.A.
- Silgan Holdings Inc.
Furthermore, as premium cosmetic products are considerably expensive, consumers prefer using completely natural products. Thus, to enable easy, hassle-free, and complete product evacuation, cosmetic manufacturers opt for airless tubes, bottles, jars as they ensure nearly 95% product evacuation from airless containers. Most of the dermal drugs are offered in semisolid formulations, such as lotions, creams, ointments, gels, pastes, or foams, and plastic and metal tubes are often preferred for their packaging owing to their low cost and compact size.
Check out special pricing options for sectional purchase and startup companies
However, non-airless packaging provides limited protection against air and light resulting in evaporation and degradation of the packed product. Therefore, dermal drug manufacturers are increasingly opting for airless packaging, which restricts the contamination of dermal formulation from environmental exposure. Declining demand for luxurious products due to changing income patterns is expected to negatively impact the market growth in 2020 since the packaging mostly utilized for premium cosmetics.
Grand View Research has segmented the global airless packaging market on the basis of material, product, application:
Airless Packaging Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Airless Packaging Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Bottles & Jars
- Bags & Pouches
Airless Packaging Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Personal Care & Homecare
- Pet care
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States