Africa data center construction market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 11% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Around $2.5 billion will be invested in building data centers across Africa during 2020-2025.
- Hyperscale investments to add over 2.5 million square feet of data center space in the Africa market during 2020-2025.
- The growing Africa data center will provide over $1 billion cumulative revenue opportunity for power infrastructure suppliers.
- South Africa dominated data center investments with over 40% share, followed by Morocco, Egypt, Kenya, and Nigeria in 2019.
- Adoption of free cooling chillers and evaporative coolers will grow to benefit from free cooling in many Africa countries leading to reduced power consumption by cooling systems.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – List of 6 construction contractors, 8 support infrastructure providers, and 11 data center investors
Africa Data Center Construction Market – Segmentation
- The UPS and generator markets will continue to grow due to the increasing construction of large and mega data center facilities and inaccurate power grid connectivity. The power market is expected to witness significant growth due to the non-reliability of power grids in Africa.
- Most colocation facilities in Africa have installed physical security solutions ranging from perimeter to rack-guarded through CCTV cameras and biometric systems. Companies have also adopted DCIM/BMS solutions that enable remote monitoring of entire data center operations.
- In Morocco, data centers are certified as Tier III facilities in terms of design. The facilities in Egypt are mostly Tier III standard certified in terms of design and are developed to support at rack density of up to 15 kW, with their average PUE being around 1.5. In Nigeria, most facilities are certified Tier III facilities by the Uptime Institute in terms of data center design and construction.
Africa Data Center Construction Market by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Other Electrical Infrastructure
Africa Data Center Construction Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH Units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers
- Other Units
- Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Africa Data Center Construction Market by General Construction
- Building Development
- Installation & Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
Africa Data Center Construction Market by Tier Standard
- Tier I & Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Africa Data Center Construction Market – Dynamics
The data center market is witnessing significant growth in African countries such as South Africa, Morocco, Kenya, Nigeria, and others in recent years. The rising internet population has been a strong factor for growth. Moreover, government agencies across countries are looking to improve their digital economy and are involved in a variety of smart city projects that fuel the growth of data centers and edge facilities throughout the region. African countries such as South Africa, Kenya, and Morocco have already started taking initiatives for smart cities and plan to improve the network coverage.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Availability of Renewable Energy Fuels Procurement Growth
- Government Support to Boost Digital Economy
- Cloud Adoption Fueling Data Center Investments
- Migration from On-Premise Infrastructure to Colocation & Managed Services
Africa Data Center Construction Market – Geography
South Africa is witnessing major development of data centers, where cities such as Cape Town and Johannesburg are the preferred places for data center development. The market is also witnessing higher adoption of cloud-based solutions among enterprises. South Africa is rapidly emerging as a center for public and private cloud hosting, which is expected to fuel the data center development in the country. In April 2020, AWS established a cloud region in Cape Town.
Africa Data Center Construction Market by Geography
- South Africa
- Other Countries
Prominent Data Center Support Infrastructure Vendors
- Shenzhen Envicool Technology
- MTU On Site Energy
- Schneider Electric
Prominent Construction Contractors
- Aveng Grinaker
- Edarat Group
- Etix Everywhere
Prominent Data Center Investors
- Africa Data Centres (Liquid Telecom)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Internet Technologies Angola (ITA)
- MDXI (MainOne)
- Raxio Data Center
- Rayan Data Center
- Teraco Data Environments
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States