The global advanced ophthalmology technologies market size is expected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.5%, as per a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Frequent introduction of advanced ophthalmology technologies incorporated in various ophthalmic devices such as optical coherence tomography scanner, specular microscopes, excimer lasers, and femtosecond lasers is expected to drive the overall market growth.
Rising geriatric population is contributing toward the growing prevalence of age-related ophthalmic disorders such as cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and myopia. This growing prevalence of ophthalmic disorders is boosting the adoption of ophthalmic treatments, and thus, advanced ophthalmic devices. Major players in the market are focusing on adopting advanced technologies such as SWEPT Source OCT, Partial coherence interferometry (PCI), and Polatest technology. These technologies will help in developing effective ophthalmic devices for efficient diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmic disorders.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market Research Report @ www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/advanced-ophthalmology-technologies-market/request/rs1
Ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems are one of the most preferred advanced ophthalmic diagnostic device and is expected to grow at a significant pace. The optical biometry systems segment is also expected to grow at steady rate during the forecast period in comparison to the ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems segment. This is because optical biometry provides more accurate data in comparison to ultrasound as the refinements in its technology help in measuring lens thickness, anterior chamber depth, and other axial length parameters.
Surgical devices held the largest share among advanced ophthalmic therapeutic devices in 2018. This is because of the increasing number of ophthalmic surgeries. Major ophthalmic surgical devices are microkeratome and Vitreo retinal surgery devices. Microkeratome is largely preferred for LASIK and ALK surgery. Excimer lasers are also preferred as one of the advanced ophthalmic lasers because these lasers produce very small and precise spots at a very low wavelength.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- North America captured the largest market share in 2018 owing to factors such as presence of major market players, growing prevalence of age-related ophthalmic disorders, and frequent approvals of advanced ophthalmic devices in the U.S.
- The diagnostic segment held the dominant market share in 2018 and is expected to witness the fastest growth rate. This is because of the growing need for early diagnosis of ophthalmic disorders
- Optical coherence tomography scanners are highly preferred products under advanced diagnostic ophthalmic devices as these scanners provide accurate results via high resolution images
- The therapeutic segment is expected to showcase a lucrative growth rate. Ophthalmic lasers are expected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. These lasers are safe and effective in the treatment of ophthalmic disorders
- Ambulatory surgery centers are expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate owing to favorable reimbursement provided by these centers for ophthalmology procedures
- Key players in the market include Johnson & Johnson Services, Novartis AG, Alimera Sciences, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, CooperVision, Alcon Vision LLC, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Essilor International S.A., Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems Ltd., Nidek Co. Ltd., and Topcon Corporation.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6778/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global advanced ophthalmology technologies market on the basis of type, end use, and region:
Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Optical Coherence Tomography Scanners
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems
- Wavefront Aberrometers
- Optical Biometry Systems
- Corneal Topography Systems
- Specular Microscopes
- Ophthalmic Lasers
- Surgical Devices
Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Ophthalmic Clinics
Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse Related Category @
Dental Microsurgery Market – www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dental-microsurgery-market
Powered Surgical Instruments Market – www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/powered-surgical-instruments-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research Guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States