The Global Adipic Acid Market is expected to reach USD 8.99 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Adipic acid finds substantial application in the production of nylon-66, which is deployed in the automotive industry for use in engine covers, air intake manifolds, tires, airbag containers, and headlamp covers, among various others interior and exterior automotive parts. An increasing emphasis on reduction of vehicular weight to increase fuel-efficiency is expected to drive the demand for nylon in the upcoming years. Moreover, nylon is suitable for high-performance applications in automobiles, such as mechanical strength, wear & abrasion, chemical & temperature resistance, flexibility, moldability, and ease of processing. Thus, the increasing demand for nylon-66, in turn, would drive the growth of the adipic acid market.
Rapid growth of the electronics industry is likely to spur the market demand in the forecast period. In the electrical & electronics applications, nylon-66 is used where specific tests (such as GWIT, UL94) need to be passed. Nylon-66 is flame-retardant and is commercially available as non-halogenated & halogenated FR solutions. Furthermore, the polymer finds applications in the industry where there is an escalating demand for high-temperature resistance and thin designs owing to miniaturization.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2328
Adipic acid is generally added as the main acid constituent in bottled drinks to impart a bubbly fizz as well as to give a tart taste to fruit juice. The organic acid finds usage in several powdered food and drink mixes to deliver a sweet flavor. Additionally, adipic acid lets jam, jelly, and gelatin to jiggle while holding their shape. The acid adds texture to certain types of cheese and serves as a leavening agent in baking powder, baked goods, and cake mixes. Food oil producers add adipic acid to their edible oils to prolong the time it takes for bottled oils to turn into rancid.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By raw materials, cyclohexane contributed to the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a rate of 3.7% in the forecast period. The selective oxidation of cyclohexane is a significant industrial reaction because its oxidation products cyclohexanol and cyclohexanone (KA-oil) are precursors to adipic acid.
- By application, nylon-66 fibers and engineering resins held the largest market share in 2018 and is projected to grow at a rate of 4.9% in the forecast period. This is due to a high demand for nylon-66 in various applications owing to its properties such as high tensile strength, excellent abrasion resistance, and higher melting point, among others.
- By industry verticals, the automotive industry dominated the market in 2018 and is likely to have a CAGR of 4.1% in the forecast period.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region held the largest market share in 2018 and is estimated to have a growth rate of 5.0% in the forecast period. The market dominance of the APAC region is owing to the growth of the end-user industries such as the automotive, electrical & electronics, and textile industry, among others, in the region.
- Key participants include Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ascend Performance Materials, Invista, BASF SE, Petro China Company Limited, Radici, Lanxess AG, Rhodia, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., and Dow Chemical Company, among others.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global adipic acid market on the basis of raw materials, application, industry verticals, and region:
Raw Materials Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Cyclohexanol/Cyclohexanone (KA oil)
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Nylon 66 Fibers & Engineering Resins
- Adipate Esters
Industry Verticals Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food & Beverages
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2027)
- North America
Key questions addressed in the global Adipic Acid market report:
- In recent years, which product segments have observed emerging application areas in the global Adipic Acid market?
- What are the strategic initiatives undertaken by the leading players over recent years?
- Which business models are expected to offer lucrative growth prospects to the key regional markets in the near future?
- Which strategies are likely to enable the top-notch market players to expand their regional and global footprints?
- What are the significant sources of funding for start-ups and new entrants into the global Adipic Acid market?
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Adipic Acid Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Adipic Acid Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
184.108.40.206. Rapid growth of the electronics industry
220.127.116.11. Increasing demand of Adipic acid in the cosmetic industry
18.104.22.168. Increasing investments in R&D in textile production technology
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
22.214.171.124. Strict regulatory norms
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
Chapter 5. Adipic Acid Market By Raw Materials Insights & Trends
5.1. Raw Materials dynamics & Market Share, 2019 & 2027
5.2.1. Market estimates and forecast, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
5.2.2. Market estimates and forecast, by region, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
5.3. Cyclohexanol/Cyclohexanone (KA oil)
5.3.1. Market estimates and forecast, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
5.3.2. Market estimates and forecast, by region, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
5.4.1. Market estimates and forecast, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
5.4.2. Market estimates and forecast, by region, 2016 – 2027 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
Chapter 6. Adipic Acid Market By Application Insights & Trends
Chapter 7. Adipic Acid Market By Industry Verticals Insights & Trends
Chapter 8. Adipic Acid Market Regional Outlook
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
10.1. Asahi Kasei Corporation
10.1.1. Company Overview
10.1.2. Financial Performance
10.1.3. Technology Insights
10.1.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.2. Ascend Performance Materials
10.2.1. Company Overview
10.2.2. Financial Performance
10.2.3. Technology Insights
10.2.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.3.1. Company Overview
10.3.2. Financial Performance
10.3.3. Technology Insights
10.3.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.4. BASF SE
10.4.1. Company Overview
10.4.2. Financial Performance
10.4.3. Technology Insights
10.4.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.5. Petro China Company Limited
10.5.1. Company Overview
10.5.2. Financial Performance
10.5.3. Technology Insights
10.5.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.6.1. Company Overview
10.6.2. Financial Performance
10.6.3. Technology Insights
10.6.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.7. Lanxess AG
10.7.1. Company Overview
10.7.2. Financial Performance
10.7.3. Technology Insights
10.7.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.8.1. Company Overview
10.8.2. Financial Performance
10.8.3. Technology Insights
10.8.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.9. Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
10.9.1. Company Overview
10.9.2. Financial Performance
10.9.3. Technology Insights
10.9.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.10. Dow Chemical Company
10.10.1. Company Overview
10.10.2. Financial Performance
10.10.3. Technology Insights
10.10.4. Strategic Initiatives
Get the full TOC of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/adipic-acid-market/toc
Thank you for reading our report. For further information or query regarding the report or its customization, please connect with us. Our team will ensure you get a report well-suited to your needs.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States