Geographies Covered: 7MM
- The United States,
- EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-30
Acute Kidney Injury: Disease Overview
Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), previously known as Acute renal failure (ARF) is characterized by a rapid fall in glomerular filtration rate, clinically manifest as an abrupt and sustained rise in urea and creatinine.
The Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Acute Kidney Injury Epidemiology
As per DelveInsight’s estimate, the total incident population of Acute Kidney Injury in seven major markets was 1,525,568 in 2017. The United States accounted for the highest AKI incidence, followed by Germany, France and the UK.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Incident Cases of Acute Kidney Injury, Discharge Diagnosed Cases of Acute Kidney Injury, Stage-Wise Discharged Diagnosed Cases of Acute Kidney Injury, Risk Factor Associated Acute Kidney Injury Cases and Renal Transplantation Associated Delayed Graft Function scenario of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in the 7MM from 2017 to 2030.
Acute Kidney Injury Market: Treatment and Emerging therapies
At present, there are no targeted pharmacotherapies approved for the treatment of AKI. At present, the therapeutic market size of Acute Kidney Injury in the United States is mainly accounted by use of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) and off-label drugs which include various classes such as ACE inhibitors, Angiotensin II-Receptor Blockers (ARBs), Diuretics and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
However, a robust pipeline with a novel mechanism of action and increasing incidence are major market drivers of Acute Kidney Injury market. Additionally, the Acute Kidney Injury pipeline is also expected to change the current dynamics of market which presently comprises of Biologics and molecules with new mechanisms of action.
This segment gives a thorough detail of AKI market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
In the Pipeline and key companies
The Acute Kidney Injury pipeline possesses several potential products that are being developed in different stages of clinical development. Key players such as ANG-3777 (BB3; Angion Biomedica), QPI1002 (Quark Pharmaceutical), ASP1128 (Astellas Pharma), MB-102 (MediBeacon), Ruconest (Conestat alfa; PharmingTechnologies), recAP (AM Pharma), bRESCAP (Alloksys), Reltecimod (Atox Bio), EA-230 (Exponential Biotherapies) and Simdax (Levosimendan; Orion Pharma) are working robustly to bring these emerging therapies in the market for the patients with Acute Kidney Injury.
Out of these emerging key players, Angion Biomedica and Quark Pharmaceuticals are expected to launch promising therapies in their respective target population pool.
As per DelveInsight, Acute Kidney Injury Market Size in the 7 MM was observed to be USD 4,082.95 Billion in 2017, which is expected to increase by 2030 significantly.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) market
Table of Contents
1. Key Insights
2. The Report contains
3. Acute Kidney Injury Market (AKI): Overview at a Glance
4. Acute Kidney Injury (AKI): Disease Background and Overview
5. Epidemiology and Patient Population
6. United States
9. Treatment and Prevention
10. Unmet Needs
11. Emerging Therapies
12. Emerging Therapies
13. Acute Kidney Injury: 7 Major Market Analysis
14. United States Market Outlook
15. EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
16. Japan: Market Outlook
17. Trends in the Cost of Therapies in Acute Kidney Injury
18. Market Access and Reimbursement Scenario of Acute Kidney Injury
19. Market Drivers
20. Market Barriers
21. Case Reports
22. SWOT Analysis of Acute Kidney Injury
24. DelveInsight Capabilities
DelveInsight is a premier Business Consulting and Market Research firm focused exclusively on the life science segment. With a wide array of smart end-to-end solutions, the firm helps the global Pharmaceutical and Bio-Tech companies formulate prudent business decisions for better growth in the market.
Browse through our vast repository from here.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Vinita Rakheja
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States