According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Omega 3 PUFA Market: By Type (DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), and ALA (Alpha-linoleic acid)) Source (Marine, Plant) Form (Oils, Capsules, Powder) Application (Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, Infant Foods, F&B) – Forecast (2018-2023)”, the market is mainly driven by the wide spread consumer awareness and considerable demand for omega 3 based products.
The global omega 3 PUFA ingredients market is estimated to grow from approximately $2.188 billion in 2017 to $3.23 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Concentrates is the major source of omega-3 PUFA ingredients and represented a market value of $813 million in 2017, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% to reach $1.303 billion by 2023. Algae are poised to grow the fastest with a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Asia-Pacific continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2023.
In 2017, North America accounted for the largest share in the global omega-3 PUFA ingredients market, with revenue of $943 million and the market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2018-2023 to reach $1.166 billion. Asia-Pacific region is forecast to witness the highest growth rate of 11.9% during the forecast period, mainly driven by increasing demand from the emerging economies such as China, India, and South Korea and so on. European region is estimated to witness sluggish growth due to the regulatory issues and a slow growth in the economy.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
Raw materials for fish oil, flaxseed oil, algal oil manufacturing is supplied by the fisheries and farms. Oils are extracted using various techniques such as wet pressing for fish oil, and solvent extraction is used for extraction of oil from flaxseed. These oils are sent to the concentrate and ingredient manufacturers who employ advanced scientific techniques to extract Omega-3 PUFA ingredients. Omega-3 PUFA ingredients are used as additives in various products such as infant foods, pharmaceutical API, pet feed, dietary supplements and functional foods. These omega-3 fortified products are made available to the consumers through retail chains.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- The growing popularity of DHA as an essential nutrient for infants coupled with recommendations by the health institutes drives the market for omega 3 PUFA ingredients in infant formulae and baby food products.
- Rapidly aging population coupled with growing concern about the cardiovascular health is a key growth factor that is driving significant growth for the market.
- The market for omega 3 in the pharmaceuticals industry is primarily driven by the increasing R&D efforts to formulate and develop new EPA/DHA concentrates which are used as APIs in drugs.
- The growing demand for nutritional supplements including omega 3 capsules is touted to witness a growth.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players of the Omega 3 PUFA Market:
The key players in the market include Croda International PLC (U.K.), Royal DSM (The Netherlands), Aker BioMarine ASA (Norway), BASF SE (Germany) and FMC Corporation (U.S.). New flavors of IncromegaTM 3mulsionTM DHA 2.0 were launched by Croda to strengthen its product portfolio in DHA concentrates for children and aged people.
Omega 3 PUFA Market Report is Segmented as below.
- Omega 3 PUFA Market By Type:
- OMEGA-3 Fatty Acids, Encapsulated Miracle of Health Benefits
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA)
- Omega 3 PUFA Market By End-Use Application:
- Pharmaceutical & Clinical Nutrition
- Infant Food
- Fortified Foods and Beverages
- Nutritional Supplements
- Omega 3 PUFA Market By Source:
- Plant Based
- Marine Animals
- Anchovy / Sardines
- KRILL Oil
- Micro Algae
- Omega 3 PUFA Market By Geography ( Covers 14+ Countries )
- Omega 3 PUFA Market Entropy
Companies Citied / Interviewed
- GOLDEN OMEGA S.A.
- ORKLA ASA
- MARINE INGREDIENTS LLC.
- TASA OMEGA
- KD PHARMA BEXBACH GMBH
- Company 6
- Company 7
- Company 8
- Company 9
- Company 10+
- Alpha Olefin Market
- Plant Extracts Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Omega 3 PUFA Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (10+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in Omega 3 PUFA Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below:
- North America Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Dietary & Supplements Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Pharmaceuticals Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Infant Foods Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
- Food & Beverages Market for Omega 3 PUFA (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.