According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Oilfield Surfactants Market: By Application (Emulsifiers, Demulsifiers, Lubricants, Dispersants, Corrosion Inhibitors, Foam Control Agents, Wetting and Suspending Agents, Biocides & Acrylic); By Type (Anionic, Cationic & Amphoteric); By Substrate (Synthetic & Bio-Based) and By Geography – Forecast (2017-2022)”, the market is driven by the growing interest in oil field surfactants market.
North Americas held the largest market share in the Oilfield Market
North Americas region holds the largest market share and growth in the Oilfield Surfactants Market and is anticipated to reach $320.15 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.51%. However, Middle East and Africa will witness highest growth during the forecast period and is expected to reach $302.3 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.04%. North Americas Oilfield Market is mainly driven by the shale bloom in the U.S.A… Recent discovery of shale oilfields in this region has paved the way to meet this increase in demand. The key applications in this region are Acrylic, Biocides, wetting and suspending agents, corrosion inhibitors, Dispersants, Lubricants, among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- All the manufacturers in the market place have their own in-house facilities used to convert raw materials into end products. This forms the main reason why many of the manufacturers in the market place have their own units for production of oil-field surfactants.
- Value chain for oil-field surfactants has been established as an interdependent and complex network comprising of raw material providers, downstream processes, environmental agencies, distributors, end users and petroleum research institutes.
- Surfactants are basically forte oilfield chemicals bringing down the surface tension of liquid or solid. These surfactants are used as wetting agents, emulsifiers, foaming agents, detergents and Dispersants as per the different demands of industrial applications. For example, quaternary ammonium Biocides used in the oilfields are effective in killing bacteria.
- Offshore and onshore oil exploration are the lucrative ventures that are being invested upon by multi-national firms which uses good quality oilfield chemicals such as demulsifier, oil based demulsifier to ease various processes related to this field and make the rate of return of the investment more quicker. Oil field chemicals such as surfactants have proven to be instrumental in retrieving and processing better quality oil for market consumption.
- The competition is intensified with innovation and supply networks being the major focus areas and competitive strengths. Raw material prices still have a significant impact on the market dynamics, however, this scenario is set to change with the emergence of low cost and flexible manufacturing techniques. In most of the cases, end users and component producers work closely with manufacturers and play a vital role in market innovation.
- The Amphoteric surfactant market is exhibiting good growth due to their reasonably low cost and diverse applications. New applications for Amphoteric surfactants have been developed such as Biocides and acrylics, thus increasing the potential market for Amphoteric surfactants in general.
- The rising global demand for petroleum and better understanding of fluorinated surfactants are leading the adoption of these surfactants in the petroleum industry throughout the world, thus contributing to the growth of oil field surfactants market in the years to come.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The anionic surfactants are the dominant type, accounting for 37% of the total share owing to the ability to withstand high temperature and pressure.
- Amphoteric surfactants are best used for corrosion inhibition and are used in enhanced oil recovery technology such as steam flooding.
- The demand for Oilfield Surfactants in the United States is projected to show moderate growth per year through 2021. The Middle East region, especially Saudi Arabia and UAE, has been the pioneer in the innovation, manufacturing and export of oilfield surfactants, thereby resulting in one of the world’s largest net exporter.
- Biocides market is anticipated to grow at fastest rate of 6.4% by 2021. Chemicals with both emulsification and wetting properties have been developed in recent years, leading to growing utilization of these dual application chemicals.
- Growing interest in bio-based oil surfactants is set to propel market growth of this niche category. Environmental concerns and decreasing oil prices might restrain oil production impacting market growth.
- The fastest growth rate till 2022 in the Oilfield Surfactants market is projected to come from the increasing consumption of oil. On a similar note, the increasing need for proper lubrication in the automotive industry is expected to benefit Oilfield Surfactants market over the next five years.
- Synthetic surfactant market revenue is anticipated to grow to $961.10 million by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 4.73%.
- The use of Oilfield surfactants at global level is expanding rapidly with growing manufacturing industries, especially the energy sector. There are a lot of renowned players in the market, which has fragmented the market and the competition is high in the market. This leads to the competitive pricing of the products which empowers the buyers.
- The growing demand for oilfield surfactants is because of the vast array of its applications in every step of exploration and production (E&P) of crude oil from drilling to enhanced oil recovery (EOR).
- Some of the important factors affecting the growth of the market for oilfield surfactant include the growth rate of EOR methods being applied to the fields now a days to generate most of the residual which water and gas flooding and many more requiring surfactants in almost every process.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of Oilfield Surfactants Market:
- Stepan Company and BASF SE are amongst two of the major players of oilfield surfactants globally, holding more than 45% of the market share.
- Akzonobel N.V., a major Dutch company also holds the major share of oilfield surfactants market of around 13% along with many other small competitors like Sasol and Huntsman International Llc.
- BASF SE is one of the world leading suppliers of highly efficient oilfield surfactants supplying all over the globe. The company supplies various specialties of surfactants that are useful in almost every stage of oil and gas exploration and production.
- Other small companies, with respect to market share, when aggregated as a whole holds almost 40% of the market share.
- Although Clariant holds a market share of 7%, it is a major player in Switzerland and it’s a spinoff of Sandoz International GmbH.
- The highest number of patents was owned by Akzo Nobel N.V., covering around 32% of the total patents which will approximately be around 250 patents.
Oilfield Surfactants Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- Oilfield Surfactants Market By Type:
- Anionic Surfactants
- Non-Ionic Surfactants
- Cationic Surfactants
- Oilfield Surfactants Market By Application
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Foam Control Agents
- Wetting and Suspending Agents
- Oilfield Surfactants Market By Substrate
- Oilfield Surfactants Market By Geography (Covers 12 + Countries)
- Oilfield Surfactants Market By Entropy
- Dupont De Nemours and Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGAA
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Royal Dutch Shell P.L.C.
- Huntsman Corporation
- Weatherford International
- Company 7
- Company 8
- Company 9
- Company 10+
Synthetic Lubricants Market
Oilfield Drilling Fluid Additives Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Oilfield Surfactants Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Oilfield Surfactants Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- APAC Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Emulsifiers/Demulsifiers Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Lubricants Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Dispersants Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Corrosion Inhibitors Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Foaming Agent Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Wetting and Suspending Agents Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Biocides Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Acrylic Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Synthetic Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Bio-based Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Anionic Surfactants Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Non-Ionic Surfactants Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Cationic Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
- Amphoteric Market for Oilfield Surfactants (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.