In nuclear decommissioning, nuclear power plants are dismantled by shutting down the operation of nuclear reactors after they complete their operational license periods. This process includes the removal and disposal of radioactive components and wastes. The entire decommissioning process takes more than 40 years, post the permanent termination of nuclear power plant. The market of nuclear decommissioning is governed by increasing focus on cleaner energy source, and stringent regulations and increasing digitization. Additionally, anti-nuclear programs or conventions came into picture and they are expected to continue growth during the forecast period. However, high costs of nuclear decommissioning and high scope for climatic deterioration are the factors may hampered the growth of the market.
The global nuclear decommissioning market has been segmented based on type, capacity and strategy. Based on type, the market has been segmented as Commercial Power Reactors, Prototype Power Reactors, and Research Reactors. The study indicates, Commercial Power Reactors accounted for the largest market share. Commercial power reactors are used for commercial operations and usage. Some examples of such reactors include pressurized water reactors, boiling water reactors, pressurized heavy water reactors, light water graphite reactors, and fast neutron reactors. Among these, the most commonly used are the pressurized water reactors and boiling water reactors. As of 2016, there were 61 commercially operating nuclear power plants with 99 nuclear reactors in 30 US states.
On the basis of capacity, the market has been segmented as, Below 100MW, 100-1000MW, and Above 1000MW. The study indicates, 100-1000MW segment accounted for the largest market share and is expected to be fastest growing capacity segment in the market. These reactors are mainly utilized to generate power in the developed nations such as North America and Europe. As of 2016, there were over 250 such reactors, across the globe.
On the basis of strategy, the market has been segmented as, Immediate Dismantling, Deferred Dismantling, and Entombment. The study indicates, Immediate Dismantling segment accounted for the largest market share and is expected to be fastest growing strategy segment in the market. Immediate dismantling normally starts in a few months or years after the operation of the nuclear plant ends, thereby enabling additional time for the transition of the operating status to decommissioning status. This also allows for the removal of the consumed fuel and the residual radioactive wastes from the reactor.
The global Nuclear Decommissioning market was valued at USD 3,873.7 million in the year 2016, which is expected to reach USD 8,913.0 million by the end of the forecast period growing at 12.71% CAGR.
The prominent players in the Nuclear Decommissioning include BECHTEL, GE, Magnox, Sellafield Ltd, Hitachi Ltd., Babcock International Group PLC, CH2M HILL, AECOM, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation.
Objective of Global Nuclear Decommissioning Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2016 to 2023
• Region-level demand analysis and forecast of the study market
• Study of the effect of exogenous & endogenous factors viz. demographic, economics, and political factors, which affect the global Nuclear Decommissioning market
• Porter’s five forces market analysis to determine competitive scenario
• Segment and sub-segment level analysis of the market over the historical as well as forecast period
• Identification of key factors instrumental in the changing market scenario, such as tapping new market opportunities, and gaining competitive edge
• Nuclear decommissioning contractors
• Nuclear decommissioning equipment manufacturers
• Government and research organizations
• Consulting companies in the energy sector
• Nuclear decommissioning associations
• Environmental associations
• Investment banks
• The global nuclear decommissioning market is expected to reach USD 8,913.0 million by 2023.
• By type, Commercial Power Reactors in nuclear decommissioning market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~11.96% CAGR during forecast period.
• By capacity, 100-1000 MW segment in nuclear decommissioning market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~14.07% CAGR during forecast period.
• By strategy, Immediate Dismantling segment in nuclear decommissioning market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~14.47% CAGR during forecast period.
• Geographically, Europe accounted for the largest share in global nuclear decommissioning market followed by Asia Pacific region.
Regional and Country Analysis of global Nuclear Decommissioning market estimation and forecast
The global nuclear decommissioning market is expected to grow at a promising rate during the forecast period. Europe region dominates the global nuclear decommissioning market. Factors such as government commitment and stringent regulations to phase out nuclear power plants driving the growth of the market. Additionally, majority of the nuclear plants in the North American region are very old and nearing the phase of decommissioning, creating huge opportunities for nuclear decommissioning services market in the region. APAC was the second-largest market mainly due to more number of nuclear power plants in Japan and South Korea.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Introduction 11
1.1 Definition 11
1.2 Scope of the Study 11
1.3 Assumptions 11
1.4 Market Structure 12
2 Research Methodology 13
2.1 Research Process 13
2.2 Primary Research 14
2.3 Secondary Research 14
2.4 Market Size Estimation 14
2.5 Forecast Model 16
3 Market Dynamics 17
3.1 Drivers 17
3.2 Opportunities 18
3.3 Restraints 19
3.4 Trends 20
4 Market Factor Analysis 21
4.1 Industry Chain Analysis 21
4.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis 22
5 Global Nuclear Decommissioning Market, By Type 24
5.1 Introduction 25
5.1.1 Commercial Power Reactors 25
5.1.2 Prototype Power Reactors 25
5.1.3 Research Reactors 25
6 Global Nuclear Decommissioning Market, By Capacity 28
6.1 Introduction 29
6.1.1 Below 100 MW 29
6.1.2 100MW-1000MW 29
6.1.3 Above 1000 MW 29
7 Global Nuclear Decommissioning Market, By Strategy 32
7.1 Introduction 33
7.1.1 Immediate Dismantling 33
7.1.2 Deferred Dismantling 33
7.1.3 Entombment 33
8 Nuclear Decommissioning Market, By Region 36
8.1 Introduction 37
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349