Alpha-amylase is used as an important ingredient for the production of baked goods in order to increase the sugar and dextrin content in the finished product. Increasing importance of enzymes as functional additives in food & beverage applications on account of attributing features including good emulsification properties and self-stabilization effects is expected to remain a crucial factor over the next eight years.
Plant-based alpha-amylase demand was 1,682.6 tons in 2015. Plant-based extracts derived from rice, tobacco leaves, corn, potato and beetroot are also used as sources for the production of alpha-amylase. Over the past few years, the research institutes of the U.S. and Canada have introduced numerous publications pertaining to the development of alpha-amylase from DNA sequences of these species.
The report “Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market Analysis by Source [Fungi, Bacteria (Maltogenic, G4), Plant-Based], By Application (Breads, Cookies & Biscuits, Desserts) And Segment Forecasts To 2024” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/alpha-amylase-baking-enzyme-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market size was 67,476.6 tons in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth in light of improvement in bakery industry in emerging markets of China, India and Middle East countries
• Cookies & biscuits accounted for 14.8% of the global market volume in 2015. The product is used for the production of cookies, biscuits and crackers on account of reducing dough resistance and preventing blister formulation with strong gluten. In August 2015, Mondel?z International established a new manufacturing unit for Oreo cookies at Salinas, Mexico with investment of USD 170 million. As a result, the aforementioned trend is expected to promote the usage of alpha-amylase as an improving agent in cookies & biscuits over the forecast period.
Browse All Reports of This Category @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
• Maltogenic enzymes accounted for 47,233.8 tons in 2015. Maltogenic alpha-amylase is capable of providing high shelf life for bread and cakes. These types of alpha-amylase sources are used in combination with other enzymes including xylanase, fungal alpha-amylase and lipase to secure optimum crumb softness during bread baking processes. However, the high operational cost incurred to produce alpha-amylase by using maltogenic and other enzymes is expected to limit the usage of maltogenic alpha-amylase enzymes over the forecast period.
• North America is projected to witness growth at a CAGR of 1.9% from 2016 to 2024. Increasing expenditure for the use of functional ingredients in food & beverage applications in the U.S. and Canada on account of enhancing shelf-life and improving texture is expected to have a positive impact on industry.
• Major alpha-amylase industry participants include Novozymes, DuPont, DSM, Purato NV, AB Enzymes, and Dyadic International. In December 2014, DSM NV filed for a patent on the development of alpha-amylase from newly identified polynucleotide sequence from gene-based alicyclobacillus pohliae. Therefore, increasing expenditure on R&D is expected to remain a critical success factor for the industry over the next eight years.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
• Biodegradable Mulch Films Market
The global biodegradable mulch films market value is expected to reach USD 64.3 million by 2024, according to a new report by Radiant Insights. Growing population coupled with depleting arable land is anticipated to drive the market growth over the next eight years. Biodegradable mulch films are used to enhance crop quality by suppressing weed growth and maintaining soil temperature.
• Adhesion Promoter Market
High demand for silane products such chlorosilanes and other alkoxysilanes on account of greenhouse gas (GHG) abatement effects is likely to foster silane growth. Silanes thus emerged as the largest product with around 34% market share in 2015. Maleic anhydride emerged as the fastest growing product with highest CAGR of 7.3% from 2016 to 2024. These additives provide durability and enhanced binding capabilities to composites, specifically providing strength & stability in the automotive & construction sector.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States