The global electroactive polymers market is expected to reach USD 6.38 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing importance of electroactive materials owing to their lightweight, good dielectric and piezoelectric properties is expected drive the market over the forecast period. Increasing use of electrostatic polymers in solar cells for reducing voltage consumption and managing the required voltage outflow is expected to favorably impact the industry in future.
Inherently Conductive Polymers (ICPs) accounted for over 10% of the global volume in 2014 and are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Rising importance of ICP for manufacturing Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) on account of providing electrical conductivity and optical clarity is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
Increasing use of dispersed form of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) and Polystyrene Sulfonates (PSS) as hole injecting material for R&D of OLED is likely to open new avenues for ICP.
Full Research Report On Electroactive Polymers Market Analysis: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electroactive-polymers-market
U.S. electroactive polymers market, by product, 2012-2022, (Kilo Tons)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global electroactive polymers market size was 234.7 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2015 to 2022
- Electroactive polymers demand in actuators was over 40 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to witness growth on account of increasing application of later in hydraulic systems and fuel engines
- Europe accounted for over 20% of the global volume in 2014. Rising expenditure for incorporation of nanotechnology along with deployment of lightweight materials in electronics and automotive industries of Germany and France is expected to have a positive impact.
- Growing concerns regarding Green House Gas (GHG) emissions emitted during chemical processes have forced key market players, including Bayer, to focus on the development of bio-based polymers. Shifting preference towards bio-polymers from synthetically derived chemicals is expected to ensure the raw material access to manufacturers over the next seven years.
- Bayer AG, 3M, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, RTP Co., Piezotech SA, The Lubrizol Corporation, Kenner Material & System Co., Ltd., Celanese Corporation, and Agfa-Gevaert NV are some of the key manufacturers present within the global market. In June 2014, Parker-Hannifin announced development of smart sensors and actuators through the deployment of electroactive polymer technology.
- Increasing application of electronic products such as actuators, sensors as well as ESD and EMI compounds in emerging markets of China and India is expected to force buyers to opt for backward integration to ensure the continuous product supply for their captive production.
View More Reports Of This Category By Grand View Research At: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
Grand View Research has segmented the global electroactive polymers market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Conductive polymers
- Inherently Dissipative Polymers (IDP)
- Inherently Conductive Polymers (ICP)
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Drainage systems
- ESD and EMI protection
- Antistatic packaging
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
Access Full Press Release Of This Report By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-electroactive-polymers-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States