“This is an exciting time for Port Moody. Our City needs more than ever a representative who has a solid understanding of Port Moody’s issues and challenges. We require a person who is a team player and is an effective leader. These are the qualities that I can bring to the Council table”, said Cena.
Cena wants to affect wise decision making in Council and contribute to the progress that has been made during Mayor Mike Clay and Council’s term. She intends to encourage smart growth for Port Moody and advocate for infrastructure as the City acts upon its’ Official Community Plan by helping conserve the things that make Port Moody unique while building towards the future. Cena’s 3 priorities will be to increase the supply of affordable housing, capitalize on expanding transit opportunities and working with businesses in Moody Center.
Cena is a Business Development Manager for Imprint Plus a manufacturer of identity products and interior signage. She has also been a passionate volunteer for over 20 years. Following are some of the committees she sits on:
- Board member Port Moody Arts Center
- Board Member Tri Cities Community TV
- Member Eagle Ridge Hospital Gala committee
- Past Director Crossroads Hospice Society Board
- Past member Port Moody’s Heritage Commission
- Past member Port Moody’s Parade Committee
- Past Director with Blanket B.C.
- Past Member of the Beautification Committee
- Sponsorship and Advertising for Port Moody’s Kaboom Dream Team
Cena, a wife and mother of two, wants to make a difference in the community and will be a strong voice for the future of Port Moody.
Contact: Cathy Cena