Los Angeles, CA – October 4, 2017 –
From the UK to the USA – horror fans worldwide agree ‘LET HER OUT’ is a must-see horror film.
The month of zombie apocalypses, blood and guts galore, and faint shrieks of innocent victims is finally upon us… and the date is quickly approaching.
Make your Halloween month the scariest yet with Cody Calahan’s newest Canadian scare, “LET HER OUT”, debuting in US theaters and on VOD, beginning October 20, 2017. In collaboration with Black Fawn Films and Breakthrough Entertainment, “LET HER OUT” combines elements of a psychological thriller, drama, and ultimate terror, producing this year’s must-see horror film.
“LET HER OUT” is experienced through the eyes of bike courier, Helen (Alanna LeVierge), who awakes in a hospital after an unexpected accident. Following Helen through the panic, confusion and intense fright when she discovers that her episodic blackouts and strange hallucinations are caused by what’s inside of her.
Helen discovers that she is diagnosed with a rare condition called “Missing Twin Syndrome”, or when one twin is absorbed in utero. Helen’s evil “vanishing twin” (Maria Pospelova) begins to grow in power, taking over Helen’s body as she tries to get out, turning Helen’s world into a living nightmare.
“She tried to kill me, but I hid inside you. I kept you alive. All these years, with you, with your shit-stained waste of a life.”
Ranging from critic to user reviews, DarkCoast presents: “The Best of 2017 – 5 ‘Let Her Out’ USA Reviews That Horror-Lovers Must See”
1. “The whole of Let Her Out is set after dark, with soft blues and dusty dimmed lights or enclosed inside an apartment – it feels claustrophobic which adds to the anxiety our protagonist is giving the audience. The relentless evening scenes nicely evoke the blurry, hyper real sensation of waking in the middle of the night, obscuring the lines between reality, dreams and fragmented memories. It’s a feel that works well for a film whose central premise harbors a theme of hiding from what lives within and once again we are put in the shoes of the protagonist oftentimes as clueless as she is as to what she may have done or where she may have been.” – Emily Stockham, Movie Ramblings
2. “The acting was excellent and so was the directing. The visuals were well done too. It’s rare for me to find a movie so utterly disturbing. Most of the horror these days is just plain silly. This one got my heart pumping and I actually felt the pain this woman was going through.” – MoviesRT, “Quite A Rush”
3. “[Helen’s evil twin’s] presence is felt more and more, leaving a trail of deaths, hallucinations and ruined relationships that sublimate in an excellent ending.” – B Movie Heroes
4. “A hallucinatory trip through a woman’s split sense of identity – with the red light that illuminates Helen’s bedroom suggestive as much of her mother’s whorish past as of her own arrested self.” – Anton Bitel, Projected Figures
5. “Really, I loved it and I even found it one of the better horrors. Let Her Out, the title does say it all, was a nice surprise and it really cut into my flesh. Recommend it to all geeks.” – IMDB user, “Nice Surprise, I Like It”
Watch it for yourself … if you dare: https://vimeo.com/223839487.
“LET HER OUT” will be available in theatres and on VOD on October 20th. For more information, please visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5810122/.
“LET HER OUT” (2016, 89 min.) Directed by Cody Calahan. Editor: Duncan Christie. Cinematographer: Jeff Masher. Music by: Steph Copeland. US. English. Black Fawn Films, Breakthrough Entertainment, DarkCoast of TriCoast Entertainment.
PRODUCTION COMPANY: BLACK FAWN FILMS – Producers of “Let Her Out” last year’s break out Canadian success to be released later this year by TriCoast Entertainment. This Canadian Production Company is known for successful offbeat scary movies.
DarkCoast is a division of TriCoast Entertainment: A new home for story-driven American films, TriCoast Entertainment is a full service media company that creates, produces, manages and distributes unique and unusual entertainment. Bringing together filmmakers, distributors, financiers, and technologists, TriCoast Entertainment embraces change by redefining the production and distribution model for indie filmmakers,
Company Name: TriCoast Entertainment
Contact Person: Jenna Wilen
Email: Send Email
Phone: 310 458 7707
Address:11124 Washington Blvd
City: Culver City
Country: United States