Global Market For BioSurfactants is expected to reach USD 2,308.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Escalating consumer preference towards the use of bio-based products, particularly in Europe and North America is expected to increase bio surfactant penetration. In addition, stringent regulatory policies are further expected to augment the bio surfactant demand over the next six years.
Methyl Ester Sulfonate (MES) was the largest consumed bio surfactant, accounting for 33.26% of the 344 kilo ton global market in 2013. Its superior properties in terms of foaming and stability as compared to other surfactants make it ideally suited for use in household detergents. Other key bio surfactants include Alkyl Polyglucosides (APG), Sorbitan Esters and Sucrose Esters, with combined demand estimated at 115 kilo tons in 2013.
Full research report on global Bio Surfactants Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biosurfactants-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global bio surfactant market is expected to reach 462 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Household detergent was the largest application segment, consuming 153.5 kilo tons of bio surfactants in 2013. Growing demand for sustainable products in cleaning applications is expected to boost the demand for bio surfactants over the forecast period.
- Personal care applications are expected to gain significant share owing to the growing market for these products in Asia Pacific. In addition, growing consumer awareness regarding benefits of bio-based personal care products is expected to have a positive influence on the market. The demand for bio surfactants in personal care is expected to reach 50.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market for bio surfactants, with consumption of 178.9 kilo tons in 2013. High consumer awareness and demand for bio-based products is a key reason for the high penetration of bio surfactants. Asia Pacific was a relatively small market in 2013 but is expected to gain significant share over the next six years owing to the presence of large manufacturing industries in the region.
- The global bio surfactants market is consolidated with the top five companies catering to nearly 90% of global demand. Key players in the market include BASF Cognis, Ecover, Urumqui Unite, Saraya and MG Intobio.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-chemicals
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Global Bio Surfactants Market on the basis of application, product and region:
Bio surfactants Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Household Detergents
• Personal Care
• Industrial & Institutional Cleaners
• Food Processing
• Oilfield Chemicals
• Agricultural Chemicals
• Other Markets
Bio surfactants Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Methyl Ester Sulfonates (MES)
• Alkyl Polyglucosides (APG)
• Sorbitan Esters
• Sucrose Esters
Bio surfactants Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-bio surfactants-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States