The Global Automotive ECU Market is expected to reach USD 45.98 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing expenditure on R&D in order to lower the ECU costs is expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. Stringent government regulations for advanced safety features, facilitated by low-cost ECU development are expected to fuel automotive ECU market growth. Recent development in ECU technology is oriented towards making devices more sophisticated. Proliferation of in-car infotainment systems in various segments is expected to drive the automotive ECU market through the forecast period.
Continuous growth in the number of embedded components used by automotive manufacturers has spotlighted new opportunities for suppliers. Emergence of V2V and V2I connected systems is expected to spur market growth through the forecast period.
High level of complexity due to integration of automotive domains in order to combine individual ECUs into ECU domains would pose a challenge to market growth. Growing consumer preference towards sophisticated equipment in mid-sized vehicles such as high-end communication & navigation systems is expected to yield opportunities for the automotive electronics market.
Full research report on automotive ecu (electronics control unit) market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Safety & security systems segment accounted for the majority of market share in 2013 and is further expected to generate high revenue through the forecast period. Rising safety awareness among consumers is fueling the demand for airbags and anti-lock breaking systems across various vehicle segments.
- Communication & navigation systems application segment is expected to witness high demand for automotive ECUs over the forecast period. This can be attributed to advanced features such as in-car data storage, eco-efficiency and sophisticated in-car features. Increasing emphasis on road safety with connected systems is expected to be the key growth driver for the segment.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth due to rising safety installations and increased manufacturing activities. Countries such as China and Japan are expected to favorably impact regional market growth. Newly mandated warning systems for onboard diagnostics systems that help owners to monitor emissions is expected to drive the North America market.
- Prominent companies operating in the automotive ECU market include Delphi, Bosch, Continental AG, Denso, TRW Automotive, Autoliv, etc. Key market participants invest heavily in R&D to offer product differentiation as well as cost-effective ECUs by building technology partnerships with other participants in the ecosystem.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/automotive-and-transportation
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global automotive ECU market on the basis of application and region:
Automotive ECU Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 – 2020)
- Chassis Electronics
- Safety & Security
- Communication & Navigation
Automotive ECU Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-automotive-ecu-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States