The global antimicrobial medical textiles market is expected to reach USD 799.7 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases, an upsurge in the nosocomial infections worldwide, and growing awareness towards better healthcare practices are projected to fuel the demand for the product over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/antimicrobial-medical-textiles-market
Application of polymeric materials for medical textiles is growing at a very fast pace. Polymers have found its applications across varied biomedical fields such as implantation of medical devices and artificial organs, tissue engineering, prostheses, dentistry, bone repair, ophthalmology and many other fields.
Rising awareness about advantages of antimicrobial textiles coupled with rising focus towards hygiene in hospitals is expected to augment development. However, stringent regulatory policies regarding use of these materials in Europe and North America is likely to restrain growth.
Browse Other Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/materials
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Metallic salts based medical textiles dominated the overall market in 2015 accounting for a share of about 55%, in terms of revenue. Metallic salts enhance the anti-microbial activity by killing microbes that bind to intracellular proteins and inactivates them. The various metals used for improving the antimicrobial properties are copper, silver, zinc and cobalt. Development of advanced materials such as nano-silver is expected to propel the demand over the forecast period.
- Antimicrobial medical textiles demand from healthcare and hygiene products accounted for the largest market share of about 40% in 2015. These products are being increasingly used in operation theaters or hospital wards for safety, hygiene, and care of staff and patients. These are also being used as bed sheets and curtains in the hospitals, in order to prevent infection. Non-implantable goods segment is likely to witness significant growth on account of rising demand for antimicrobial wound dressing and bandages. They are majorly used as absorbent, protective and covering for diseased or injured part.
- Europe dominated the overall market with a share of over 40% in 2015. Growing population, changing consumer attitudes towards health & hygiene, and availability of new medical technologies is expected to have a positive impact on the demand over the forecast period.
- Key participants include Trevira GmbH, Microban International, Biocote Ltd., Annovotek LLC, Herculite, PurThread Technologies, and Surgicotfab Textile Pvt. Ltd. The global antimicrobial medical textiles market is being dominated by a limited number of big multinational companies that possess the caliber of bringing innovations to the global market. The key strategies being adopted by the companies include high R&D investment and alliances with domestic players in order to capture the regional markets.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Industrial Ethernet Market –
- Carnauba Wax Market –
- Wallcoverings Sales Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States