Alzheimer’s disease (AD), the most common form of dementia, is a progressive, neurodegenerative and currently incurable disease characterized by loss of memory and other mental abilities. It has a devastating impact on independence and quality of life, with patients requiring full-time care in the later disease stages. In addition to cognitive impairment, AD is associated with behavioral and psychological changes, which often represent the greatest challenges for patients and caregivers.
Complete Report Available @
The prevalence of AD is escalating rapidly, largely owing to aging populations, as advancing age is the most important epidemiological risk factor for the disease. This will amplify the already substantial societal and economic costs of the disease over the coming years. This has led to high levels of R&D investment over the past two decades, but clinical trial failure rates within the indication are extremely high and treatment options remain limited. There are no disease-modifying therapies for AD, and current approaches can only temporarily slow the worsening of symptoms.
The report focuses on AD alongside four key associated behavioral and psychological indications: anxiety, depression, psychosis and insomnia. These four conditions are highly prevalent in AD and contribute substantially to the disease burden.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/frontier-pharma–alzheimers-disease-and-associated-indications/request-sample
Unmet need is extremely high in AD, with behavioral and psychological complications contributing significantly to the disease burden
- What are the most important etiological risk factors and pathophysiological processes implicated in AD?
- What is the current treatment algorithm?
- How common are anxiety, depression, psychosis and insomnia in AD?
- The AD pipeline is large and contains a very high proportion of first-in-class product innovation
- Which molecule types and molecular targets are most prominent across AD and its associated indications?
- What are the connections, in terms of first-in-class innovation, between AD and its associated indications?
- Which first-in-class targets are most promising?
- How does the level of first-in-class innovation differ between products in development for anxiety, depression, psychosis and insomnia?
- How does first-in-class target diversity differ by stage of development and molecular target class?
- The deals landscape is active and dominated by G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR)-targeting products
- Which indications attract the highest deal values?
- How has deal activity fluctuated over the past decade?
- Which first-in-class pipeline products have no prior involvement in licensing or co-development deals?
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
- Appreciate the current clinical and commercial landscapes by considering disease pathogenesis, etiology, epidemiology, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Identify leading products and key unmet needs within the market.
- Recognize innovative pipeline trends by analyzing therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using proprietary matrix assessments, first-in-class targets in the pipeline have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Individual matrix assessments are provided for targets identified in the pipeline for AD, anxiety, depression, psychosis and insomnia. Promising early-stage first-in-class targets are reviewed in greater detail.
- Consider first-in-class pipeline products with no prior involvement in licensing and co-development deals that may represent potential investment opportunities.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Market –
- Cancer Supportive Care Therapeutics Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States