Fifty Shades Deeper - New book by fans for fans - Just launched
Aspen, CO - February 8, 2017 - Fifty Shades Deeper, a new book by fans of E.L. James’s worldwide phenomenon, the Fifty Shades of Grey series, delves into the deeper messages and insights of James’s books.
For fans of the Fifty Shades of Grey (FSOG) series, Fifty Shades Deeper will enhance your love for E.L. James’s books in an even deeper and more meaningful way. It might even help you explain to the doubters out there why the books aren’t just entertaining and intriguing – they’re important.
For those who are not a fan of FSOG, this book will challenge you to open your mind and heart and take another look at the series through our eyes.
Fifty Shades Deeper explores a wide variety of themes and topics, including:
• Unconditional Love
• Child Abuse
• Haphephobia (Fear of Being Touched)
• Drug Addiction
• Legal Age of Consent
• When to Stay – When to Go
• Pain, Pleasure and Fear
• Soul Connections and Destiny
• and many, many more!
This book asks – and answers – the following questions (and more):
• What was the message E.L. James wanted to convey to her readers?
• Can you be a devout Christian (or Muslim or any other faith) and still enjoy Fifty Shades of Grey and/or the BDSM lifestyle?
• How did FSOG get you to "see things differently?"
• If Christian had been 16 (the legal age in Washington State) instead of 15, would you have felt differently about Mrs. Robinson? Or, could it be that it was not just his age, but the indoctrination into the BDSM lifestyle that impacts the "age of consent?"
• I know Grace and Carrick meant well, but I wonder if they were wrong about respecting little Christian's fears about touching. What might have happened if they had given him a hug, forcing him to confront his fears? By not touching him as a little boy, did they perpetuate his phobia, thereby leaving him vulnerable to Elena? I'm not a psychiatrist, but I suspect there must be better ways to handle this fear in a small child. What do you think?
• We know how Christian maligns his mother and her addiction, and certainly her behavior toward her son is abhorrent. But, do you think he ever tried to understand the cruelty of addiction? Did you have any compassion toward her at all?
• and many, many more!
Fifty Shades Deeper: Sometimes the most powerful messages come wrapped in surprising packages.