“The Global Wealth Market in 2017”, report analyzes the global wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
The global wealth market is on a continuous growth path. Worldwide liquid onshore assets will exceed $100tn by the end of 2017. But the market is not homogenous: rates and reasons for growth differ between affluent segments, the level of economic development in any given nation, and local conditions. This means that understanding not just the actual size of a market but also all the above factors is crucial for wealth managers expanding to new countries and developing client targeting strategies.
Specifically the report –
– Sizes the affluent market (both by number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
– Analyzes which asset classes are favored by global investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
– Examines HNW clients’ attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
– Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
– The wealthiest individuals grow their assets faster than the rest of the population, with the $10m+ segment forecast to experience the highest growth rate in the coming years.
– Despite increasing capital market volatility, investors’ appetite for equities will continue to grow faster than other asset classes.
– Inequality in wealth distribution is clearly seen in emerging markets in particular, where nearly 96% of liquid assets are held by just over 3% of the population.
– The US is and will remain by far the biggest wealth market in the world. Asia Pacific economies will lead the growth of liquid asset pots in developing markets.
– The Swiss remain the wealthiest in terms of value of savings per individual, but as growth is slowing down in Western Europe in general by 2021, the US will lead the way.
Reasons to buy
– Benchmark your share of the global wealth market against the current market size.
– Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2021.
– Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals globally.
– Review your offshore strategy by identifying HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1. Different local factors drive the growth of the global wealth market 2
1.2. Key findings 2
1.3. Critical success factors 2
2. SIZING AND FORECASTING THE GLOBAL WEALTH MARKET 8
2.1. The global wealth market is on a continuous growth path 8
2.1.1. Globally, the affluent market is worth more than $92tn 8
2.1.2. HNW individuals will hold more than $51tn in liquid assets by the end of 2021 9
2.1.3. The global affluent population totals 310 million individuals and continues to grow 10
2.1.4. The wealthiest will grow their assets at an even faster rate 12
2.2. Global retail savings and investment trends 13
2.2.1. Steady growth for equities and mutual fund holdings, but on a slowing trend 13
2.2.2. Bond holdings have been decreasing 14
2.2.3. For HNW individuals, less liquid asset classes play an important role 14
2.3. Retail savings and investments geographical analysis 16
2.3.1. Attitudes towards deposits differ clearly between mature and emerging markets 17
2.3.2. US investors hold over three times more equities and mutual funds than the developing markets average 20
2.3.3. Bond holdings are significantly affected by yields 21
2.4. Offshore holdings represent a significant proportion of global wealth 23
2.4.2. Motivations for offshoring wealth differ by country 25
3. REGIONAL WEALTH MARKETS GROWTH ANALYSIS 27
3.1. Global wealth is distributed unequally 27
3.1.1. HNW individuals hold a third of global wealth 27
3.1.2. The mass affluent segment is more important in developed markets 28
3.1.3. Inequality in wealth distribution is higher in frontier markets 29
3.2. The gap between mature and developing markets will shrink 29
3.2.1. Cambodia will be the fastest-growing wealth market over 2017-21 29
3.2.2. Latin America will be the fastest-growing region 31
3.2.3. Developing markets’ impressive growth is offset by inflation 33
3.2.4. Exchange rate fluctuations affect the relative strength of wealth markets 37
4. THE GLOBAL WEALTH MARKETS RANKINGS 39
4.1. The US will remain by far the biggest wealth market in aggregate terms 39
4.1.1. China ranks second, although developed markets still dominate the top 15 39
4.1.2. HNW segment rankings highlight the growth of Asia Pacific 41
Get in touch:
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349