Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized by chronic hyperglycemia- high blood glucose levels – that results from defects in insulin secretion, insulin action, or a combination of these. This chronic hyperglycemia is associated with long-term damage, dysfunction and failure of multiple organs, including the eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart and blood vessels. The vast majority of diabetes mellitus patients can be classified as having either Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM). Approximately 90-95% of all diabetics have T2DM.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/type-2-diabetes-mellitus-therapeutics-in-south-east-asia-markets-to-2022
T2DM treatment has been revolutionized in the past decade, especially with the increased use of new therapies. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including biguanide (metformin), sulfonylureas, thiazolidinediones, GLP-1 receptor agonists, DPP-4 inhibitors, SGLT-2 inhibitors, and insulin therapies. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can offer better glycemic control, as well as the prevention and cure of diabetic complications, such as diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, and cardiovascular disease.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
The current South-East Asia T2DM market contains novel products, including Jardiance, a SGLT-2 inhibitor; Victoza, a GLP-1 receptor agonist; and Januvia, a DPP-4 inhibitor.
- What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
- With over 500 active pipeline molecules, most of the late-stage investigational drug candidates are being evaluated, featuring improved dosing regimens and administration routes in comparison to currently marketed products and combination therapies.
- Which classes of novel drugs are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the T2DM market?
- Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 identified that the failure rates of T2DM molecules were highest in Phase III, at 49%, with the overall attrition rate for T2DM standing at 75%.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size, influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
- Over the 2015-2022 forecast period, the South-East Asia T2DM therapeutics market is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 7.1%, from $1.7 billion to over $2.7 billion.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will new market entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
- How will different treatment usage patterns impact growth in the eight assessed South-East Asia markets?
- Rising T2DM prevalence and the uptake of newer therapies will lead to significant market growth over the forecast period, despite generic sales erosion resulting from patent expirations.
- Will patent expirations or emerging pipeline molecules threaten the commercial success of existing drugs?
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
Reasons to buy
This report will enable you to Understand the clinical context of T2DM by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and recognize gaps and areas of unmet need.
- Identify key pipeline trends in molecule type, administration route, mechanism of action, and novelty.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in T2DM clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
- Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential in T2DM by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections.
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning T2DM products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- In-line AOI/SPI Market –
- Interactive Media Marketing Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States