According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled, “Oilfield Biocides and Bio Solvents Market: By Biocide (Glutaraldehyde, DBNPA, THPS, Chlorine, Quaternary Ammonium, Others); By Bio Solvent (Hydrocarbon, Alcohols, Glycols, Others); By Application (Drilling, Production, Fracturing, Completion, Others); By Geography – Forecast (2018-2023)”, the market growth is attributed to favorable regulations and government initiatives to encourage eco-friendly and bio-products.
All the products that are used in oilfields are not specifically produced for the oilfield application, these can also be used in other applications such as paints, coatings, water treatment and more. The global oilfield biocides market and global bio-solvents market revenue was $345.8 million and $126.2 million respectively in 2017, and are estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% and 7.0% respectively till 2023 and are projected to reach $486.37 million and $198.45 million by 2023.
Among all the applications, production segment is dominating with a revenue of $124.5 million in 2017 and is projected to reach $182.16 million by 2023 at highest CAGR of 5.6%.
North America continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2023.
North America is dominating the both global Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents markets and were estimated to register $160.9 million and $71.1 million, respectively in 2017 and expected to reach $231.204 million and $129.66 million, respectively by 2023. North America is the major consumer and producer of oilfield biocides and bio-solvents across the world. It is due to high production of shale oil and gas activities in North America.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
The biocides are prepared using different blends and proportions of chemicals. The chemicals which are used here are the raw materials for the biocides. Chlorine Dioxide, Bromine, Peracetic acid, Glutaraldehyde (glut), Quaternary ammonium and so on, are used as the raw materials for preparing biocides. These chemicals with different proportions and blends result in biocides which are used in oilfields to kill the unwanted microorganisms at different instances based on the drilling area and climatic conditions. The end product biocide is supplied to the end users in oilfield such as ExxonMobil, PetroChina and so on, directly or by the biocide distributors such as Viachem, Shiv Shakti Trading Corporation and so on.
Raw materials for bio-solvents are derived from fruits and seeds such as soy bean, peanut, castor bean, orange peel and so on. These raw materials contain chemical compounds such as glycols, ethers, esters, ketones and so on. The chemical compounds are produced/ derived by companies such as India Glycols Limited (India), ADM (U.S.) and others. Using these chemical compounds, bio-solvents such as Absorb-OILTM, STEPOSOL® C-25, and so on are manufactured by companies like Stepan (U.S.), i-SOLV (Canada), and others. These bio-solvents reach to the end user companies such as Korea National Oil Company (South Korea), Murphy Oil (U.S.) and others. Bio-solvents reach the end user directly or through distributors such as Nexeo Solutions (Canada), Brenntag Canada Inc (Canada), Swift Australia (Australia), Biryong Corporation (Korea) and so on.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- The growing shale gas initiatives and investments in China led to the demand for biocides, and also expect to grow in the near future which is the main driving factor for the market.
- Indispensable use of biocides for reducing microbial content in oilfields is acting like a key factor to drive the market growth.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players of the Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market:
Dow Chemicals and BASF are the two key market players that are dominating the oilfield biocides industry. Dow Chemical deals extensively in non-oxidizing biocides market which includes glutaraldehyde, THPS, DBNPA, and others. Dow supplies a wide range of chemicals, and hence, is usually priced more than the average market price. As the U.S. is the major consumer for oilfield biocides, due to its revolutionary fracking operations, and with Dow Company’s major business presence n the U.S., the company stood as the global oilfield biocides market leader. The product line of BASF is mostly into biocides, whereas the company is a specialist in supplying end user specific formulated products. Ecolab, one of the global leaders in specialty chemicals business, is now part of oilfield chemicals market with the recent acquisition of Nalco chemicals business, and all the biocide products are supplied under Nalco Champion Company.
Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market Report is Segmented as below.
- Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market By Types:
- Oilfield Biocides
- Oxidizing biocides
- Peracetic Acid
- Non-oxidizing Biocides
- Quaternary Ammonium
- Tetrakis Hydroxymethyl Phosphonium Sulfate (THPS)
- 2,2-dibromo-3-nitrilopropionamide (DBNPA)
- Oxidizing biocides
- Bio Solvents
- Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market By Application:
- Hydraulic Fraucting
- Packer Fluids
- Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market By Geography ( Covers 15+ Countries )
- Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market Entropy
Companies Citied / Interviewed
- QUAT-CHEM LTD.
- THERMAX LIMITED
- CHEMTEX SPECIALTY LIMITED
- AVISTA TECHNOLOGIES
- ASHLAND INC.
- STEPAN COMPANY
- NALCO HOLDING COMPANY
- SOLVAY SA
- AKZONOBEL N.V
- EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- LONZA GROUP LTD.
- PILOT CHEMICAL COMPANY
- KEMIRA OYJ
- CHEMIPHASE LTD
- GEMTEK PRODUCTS, LLC
- Company 16+
- Oilfield Surfactants Market
- Oilfield Drilling Fluid Additives Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (10+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below:
- North America Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Drilling Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Alcohols Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Glycols Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Esters Market for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
- Ethers for Oilfield Biocides & Bio Solvents (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.