According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market Analysis: By Type (Wheelchairs, Walking Aids, Mobility Scooters, Stair Lifts); By Age Group (Children, Elderly); By User (Hospital, Clinics, Patients) – By Geography – Forecast(2018-2023)”, the market is projected to register significant growth due to advancements in the medical equipment technology.
The market revenue for Mobility Aid and Transportation Equipment is forecast to increase from $6.318 billion in 2017 to $8.616 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.6%. The increase in global aging population, technological advancements in medical industry and increasing number of old age homes is driving the market for such equipment. The dominant end user for this market is the patients segment. It held the highest share of $3.369 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach $4.671 billion by 2013 at 5.9% CAGR.
Americas continues to lead the market share during 2018-2023.
Americas held the major market share of $3.327 billion in the year 2017, and is estimated to hold $3.942 billion during the entire forecast duration 2018-2023. The prominent countries considered under this region include Canada, U.S. and Brazil. Increasing investment and development in the healthcare sector of this region is driving the market of the mobility aids and transportation equipment. Moreover, awareness and a hike in sports activities of disabled people are fueling the mobility aid and transportation equipment market in this region. In the Americas, Manual wheelchairs held maximum market share of $1.441 billion but motorized wheelchairs are forecast to soar at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
Asia-Pacific is projected to register fastest growth rate of 12.4% CAGR, followed by Europe and Americas.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
- End users in this market have been classified based on the type of places in which these devices are utilized. The various end users include hospitals, clinics and patients.
- Patients or self-use segment dominated the market by capturing 53% of the market share. This market will continue to be the market leader in the forecast period.
- Patent analysis of Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market was conducted to analyze the developments being carried out in the market, thereby reflecting the growth of the same during the period.
- Wheelchairs and walking aids segments recorded maximum number of patents.
- 63% of the patents were filed by independent researchers.
- Stryker Corporation, Sunrise Medicals, Acron Mobility Services Limited and Equos Research Co. Ltd have invested substantially in the R&D to develop solutions that can create product differentiation in the Mobility Aid and Transportation Equipment market.
- The Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment market witnessed remarkable surge in the number of patents filed due to the increasing government spending in the healthcare segment and growing demand for self-care products for disabled people.
- The number of patents filed in the Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment market drastically escalated on the back of increasing demand of advanced healthcare products by growing aging population.
- The individual patient segment accounted for the highest demand and majority of the patents were registered for wheelchairs.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- Increasing elderly population, growing illness, accidents and disabilities is driving the mobility aids and transportation equipment market.
- The treatment and operation in the clinics and ASCS ensures high safety and accuracy. Hence, the demand of these clinics is rising. This factor is driving the use of mobility aids and transportation equipment.
- Increasing rate of road traffic accidents in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to drive the demand for mobility aids and transportation equipment and in turn reflecting on the market growth.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players of the Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market:
The key players of the Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment market are Sunrise Medicals GmbH & Co., Invacare Corporation, Stryker Corporation, Medline Industries Inc. and Drive Medical. Sunrise Medicals GmbH & Co. is the top leading player, it has invested substantially in the R&D to develop solutions that can create product differentiation in the Mobility Aid and Transportation Equipment market. Invacare Corporation, Sunrise Medicals and GF Healthcare launched the maximum number of products during the period. Also, Invacare manufactures a broad spectrum of mobility aids and transportation equipment under all the business segments.
Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market Report is Segmented as below.
- Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market By Product Type:
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Manually Operated Wheelchairs
- Standard Manual Wheelchairs
- Light weight Manual Wheelchairs
- Ultra-Light Manual Wheelchairs
- Transport Wheelchairs
- Pediatric Wheelchairs
- Electrically Powered Wheelchairs/ Motorized Wheelchair
- Walking Aids
- Walker Cane Hybrids
- Gait trainers
- Mobility Scooters
- Small Scooters
- Medium Scooters
- Large Scooters
- Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market By Age Group:
- Mobility Aids for Children
- Mobility Aids for Elderly
- Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market By End User:
- Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market By Geography ( Covers 12+ Countries )
- Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market Entropy
- Companies Citied / Interviewed
- Hoveround Corporation
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Medical Depot, Inc.
- LEVO AG
- Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Permobil AB
- Company 11+
Healthcare Transportation Services Market
Artificial Lift Systems Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Country level Analysis (10+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below:
- North America Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
- Hospitals Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
- Clinics/ASCS Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
- Patients Market for Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirements. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.