According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market: By Products (Smartphones, Gaming Devices, Laptops, Television, Set Top Box); By Technology (Interactive Displays, Capacitive, IR, Ultrasonic, Electric Field, Image Sensor, MEMS) & By Geography – Forecast (2018-2023)”, the market is driven by the increasing demand for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics across all the regions.
The global gesture recognition in consumer electronics market had a revenue of around $4.3 billion in 2017, and is estimated to grow around $10.7 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 34.9%. In product segmentation, Gaming Devices segment is leading in the market with a revenue of $1.455 billion in 2017, and is projected to register $8.63 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 36.3%. Laptops & PC segment is projected to register highest growth rate of 39% CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific continues to lead the market share and growth during 2018-2023.
Asia-pacific holds the highest gesture recognition devices market share, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 40.6% from $2.411 billion in 2017 to $17.026 billion by 2023. The main reason for the growth of the market in this region is a heavily populated area, and is having major market share for computing devices.
Americas is one of the dominant markets in gesture recognition in the consumer electronics market. The main reason for the growth of this market is due to the use of sensors that are rapidly increasing in computing devices for different types of gestures. Also the key players are coming with new technologies and software applications pertaining to gesture recognition are being developed in order to cope up with the rising competition and to lead the market.
Selected / Sample Analysis done in the full Report:
Gesture recognition technology is based on the sensors, which is used in various electronic devices such as gaming devices, smartphones, tablets, laptops, PCs, smart televisions, set top boxes and wearable devices. Each and every product has its own lifespan. Smartphones and tablets hardware lifespan is about 3-5years, and the software involved in the smart phones should be updated every 3-5 months. Laptops and PCs hardware lifespan is about 5-6 years, and the apps and software applications need to be updated every 5-6 months that depends on the app that is used in the system. The life span of gaming devices with gesture technology is less which is around one year. Gaming gesture related software should be updated every 2-3 months, and usually depends on the app. Televisions generally have the lifespan of around 10 years, but if gesture control technology is introduced, it may decrease half of its life span. Wearable devices such as smart watch and smart glasses are generally based on the lifespan of the sensors.
Gesture recognition technology in these electronic devices’ lifespan is considered individually as their functions, hardware and software differs from each other. The lifespan of this gesture recognition product depends on the type of the product, use of the product, operating systems or software of the product. The product lifecycle also depends on the quality of the raw materials, software used in the product, quality of the sensors and the placement of the sensors in the devices.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors Mentioned in the Full Report:
- The ease of using gesture recognition technology has led to the increasing adoption of this technology in various applications including aerospace, building automation, medical applications, and automobile applications. The growing adoption rate is projected to propel the market growth.
- Integration of gesture recognition systems in cars, trucks etc. are found to enhance the levels of safety of drivers and passengers by enabling the user to control various devices by simple gestures. This factor is expected to drive significant growth for the market.
- Various sensing technologies are currently being developed to integrate gesture recognition in any kind of device with cameras, not just specific kind of cameras, but for a wide range without the need for any special hardware. This factor is expected to drive the demand for gesture recognition technology in the coming years.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key Players of the Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market:
The key player of gesture recognition market from different regions is Microsoft Corporation, and its gesture recognition market share is around 24% due to the gaming devices in which Kinect sensor plays the crucial role. Microsoft has its own hardware devices related to gesture recognition gaming consoles.
Samsung Electronics is the dominant in the smart-phone market, but in the gesture recognition market, it is holding second place next to the Microsoft Corporation. Samsung Electronics holds major market share in smart-phones and tablets in which gesture recognition technology is used. Hence, gesture recognition market of Samsung Electronics is rapidly growing, and is holding 23% across the globe. Intel Corporation gesture recognition market share is around 16% across the globe as it provides the hardware related to depth sensing.
Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market Report is segmented as below.
- Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market By Types of Gesture Recognition:
- Hand Gesture Recognition
- Facial Expressions
- Body Movements
- Finger Gestures
- Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market By Products:
- Gaming Devices
- Smart Televisions
- Set Top Boxes
- Wearable Devices
- Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market By Technology:
- Interactive Displays
- Camera based recognition 2D & 3D
- Infrared Sensing
- Capacitive Sensing
- Ultrasonic Sensing
- Electric Near Field
- Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market By Geography ( Covers 14+ Countries )
- Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market Entropy
Companies Citied / Interviewed
- COGNIVUE CORPORATION
- ELLIPTIC LABS
- EYESIGHT TECHNOLOGY, LTD.
- GESTURETEK, INC.
- GESTIGON GMBH
- LEAP MOTION
- LG ELECTRONICS INC.
- MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC.
- MOVEA SA
- OBLONG INDUSTRIES
- PANASONIC CORPORATION
- REACTRIX SYSTEM, INC.
- SONY CORPORATION
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INCORPORATION
- THALMIC LABS, INC.
- Company 19+
Machine to Machine Communication Market
Industrial Internet of Things Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories 11. Demand Analysis ( By Revenue & Volume )
- Market trends 12. Country level Analysis (10+)
- Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
- Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
- Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
- Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
- Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
- Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, or application based reports in Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports and database as mentioned below:
- North America Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Asia-Pacific Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Camera based recognition 2D & 3D Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Infrared Sensing Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Capacitive Sensing Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Ultrasonic Sensing Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- Electric Near Field Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
- MEMS Market for Gesture Recognition in Consumer Electronics (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography or product chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirements. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.