The global market for tea polyphenols is expected to reach USD 367.7 million by 2020, according to a new research report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer awareness regarding nutritional benefits offered by tea polyphenols is expected to boost market demand over the forecast period. In addition, the changing lifestyle has led to increased global prevalence of diabetes and cancer, which has resulted in a shift to consume nutraceutical products including tea polyphenols.
Green tea polyphenols emerged as the leading product segment consumed worldwide and accounted for over 70% of the total market in 2012. Green tea generally contains high amount of polyphenols such as catechins, flavanols, etc. which makes it ideal for the treatment of lifestyle diseases including diabetes, obesity and cancer etc. Green tea generally contains 30% to 40% of water extractable polyphenols. Along with being the largest type, it is also expected to be the fastest growing type tea polyphenols at an estimated CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period. Green tea polyphenols were followed by oolong tea polyphenols which accounted for just over 16% of the total market in 2012.
Download Sample Copy Of This Report At at:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global tea polyphenols demand is expected to be 9,169.9 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2013 to 2020
- Functional beverages were the largest application segment of tea polyphenols and accounted over 40% of the total demand in 2012. Functional beverages are also expected to be the fastest growing application segment with an estimated CAGR of 8.6% from 2013 to 2020. Functional beverages were followed by functional food which accounted for over 30% of the total demand in 2012.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market and accounted for 40% of the total demand in 2012. Growing aging population, mainly in Japan, coupled with increasing consumer spending on nutraceutical products in China and India has been driving the market for tea polyphenols in the region. As a result, Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing market for tea polyphenols at an estimated CAGR of 9.2% from 2013 to 2020. Asia Pacific was followed by Europe and North America which together accounted for over half of the global market in 2012.
- The global market is highly concentrated. However, the presence of large unorganized market in Asia Pacific is expected to impact the profitability of Western producers. Some of the major companies involved in producing tea polyphenols include Naturex, Ajinomoto Omnichem Natural Specialties, Indena S.P.A., Lyn Natural Ingredients Corp, Tianjin Jianfeng Natural Products Co. Ltd and Xian Haotian Bio-engineering Technology Co., Ltd among some other companies.
Tea Polyphenols Product Outlook:
- Green tea polyphenols
- Oolong tea polyphenols
- Black tea polyphenols
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Tea Polyphenols Application Outlook:
- Functional beverages
- Functional food
- Dietary supplements
- Other (including coloring agents, cosmetics etc.)
Tea Polyphenols Regional Outlook:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
Global Fatty Acid Ethoxylate Market Research Report:
Global Glyceride Ethoxylate Market Research Report:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States