The global surgical stapling market is expected to reach USD 6.8 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The demand for this market is expected to increase owing to the rise in bariatric procedures, and implementation of advanced technology for conducting endoscopic operations. In addition, introduction of powered surgical devices and growing need for tissue and wound management would further support the market growth and acceptance of surgical staplers. The application of stapling in medical procedures has gradually moved from open surgery to endoscopic surgery, which is further expected to propel the market growth in the near future.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/surgical-stapling-market
Increasing introduction of technologically advanced powered surgical staples are expected to help reduce operation fatigue and manual firing force. Some of the latest additions to the market include ECHELON FLEX Powered Surgical (Ethicon) and iDrive Ultra Powered Surgical Stapling (Medtronic). Hence, consistent introduction of technologically advanced and efficient surgical staplers will render strong growth opportunities to the surgical stapling market.
Staples find major application in bariatric surgeries. In May 2013, the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery reported that the percentage of sleeve gastrectomy procedure has increased from 17.8% in 2011 to 42.1% in 2 years.
Endoscopic operations held the largest share accounting for approximately over 1 million procedures performed annually in the U.S. Other applications in orthopedic, gastrointestinal, & cardiothoracic, and skin grafting procedures also contribute to the increasing demand of staplers.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggests:
- An increasing number of surgeries have raised the demand of medical devices across the globe. Manual staples were conventionally used for skin sutures in general surgeries and emergency treatments. However, with the growing number of emergency cases, powered surgical staplers are witnessing increasing demand in the market.
- Disposable staples are the fastest growing segment as a result of the elimination of cross-infection transferred by medical devices. Patients with an allergy to nickel or metal also opt for disposable staples that are made of medical grade plastic. Organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) promote protocols and use of disposable devices to prevent infections.
- Reusable staples are manufactured from titanium or stainless steel. They produce less surgical waste than disposable staples, but the energy required to sterilize these devices equals the environmental impact of disposable devices.
- North America dominated the market in 2015 due to the early acceptance of noninvasive methods in the surgeries performed. Prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases such as obesity is high in this region. Treatments of these diseases include bariatric and endoscopic surgeries, which in turn creates escalated demand for surgical staples.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing sector, due to the presence of a huge target patient pool requiring minimally invasive and other laparoscopic surgeries. Increasing asthetic and cosmetic procedures in countries such as South Korea and India is further expected to propel the market growth. However, the lack of knowledge of the prerequisite techniques to use advanced staplers makes the doctors reluctant to use them in surgeries. Initiatives implemented by companies such as Johnson & Johnson Medical (India) to train 8,000 doctors in handling advanced products, including noninvasive staples, is expected to change the scenario and increase the use of surgical staples in this region.
- Industry players are rigorously focusing on introducing products applicable for minimally invasive surgeries. For instance, in January 2016, Cardica, Inc. received FDA approval for the use of MicroCutter XCHANGE 30 stapling device employed in urological endoscopic surgeries.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Automotive Engine Oil Market –
- Automotive Adhesives Market –
- High-functional Separator Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States