Global Superdisintegrants Market is expected to reach USD 487.0 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Superdisintegrants help in the disintegration of tablet or capsule content into small particles and create a greater surface area for speedy drug release.
A number of fast disintegrating tablet such as salbutamol sulphate, and cetirizine hydrochloride in tablet/capsule dosage form for respiratory disorders (bronchitis, asthma, and coughing) are formulated for pediatric and geriatric patients, due to their difficulty or discomfort in swallowing. Superdisintegrant such as crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium, and sodium starch glycolate are used in optimized concentration to formulate such tablets/capsules along with different binders such as MCC and PVP K-30.
Full Research Report on Global Superdisintegrants Market Analysis:
U.S. superdisintegrants market revenue, by product, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The market study suggests that crospovidone dominated the overall market in 2016. Crospovidone is completely insoluble in water and rapidly disperses and swells in water. It has greatest rate of swelling and surface area to volume ratio compared to other disintegrants. Hence, these factors are contributing towards the large share of crospovidone in 2016.
- Others segment, which includes natural superdisintegrants, is expected to witness highest growth rate. Factors such as local accessibility, bio-acceptable, renewable source, eco‐friendly nature and lower prices compared to important synthetic products, are driving the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
- Amongst the dosage form segments, tablets and capsules occupied the largest share in 2016 as they are the most common and preferred dosage forms for delivering drugs to patients.
- The mouth-dissolving films segment is expected to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period. It is the preferred choice for patients as compared to tablets and capsules due to greater flexibility and comfort of the former.
- Hence, the market for disintegrants in mouth-dissolving films would continue to grow due to quicker onset of action for a dosage form and better convenience of administration.
- North America dominated the regional segment with the largest revenue share in 2016, due to number of superdisintegrants manufacturers operating in the region and prolific research and development initiatives
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to booming medical tourism industry in the region and lucrative contract research outsourcing services
- Some of the major companies operating in this market are Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Roquette Frères S.A., FMC Corporation, DFE Pharma, Huber Corporation, Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. The Dow Chemical Company and BASF SE. and others.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Global superdisintegrant market revenue, by product, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the Global Superdisintegrants Market on the basis of product, dosage form, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Croscarmellose sodium
- Sodium starch glycolate
- Ion exchange resin
Dosage Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Tablets and Capsules
- Mouth-dissolving Films
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
View Blog On this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States