Global super resolution microscopes market is expected to reach USD 4.8 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Increasing corporate funding and government support for microscopy, growing demand for nanotechnology and technological advancements are expected to serve this market as high impact rendering drivers. Fluorescence imaging using conventional microscopy has encountered various advances in approximately all the limiting factors from speed to sensitivity. Super resolution microscopes have enabled researchers to visualize uniquely the desired molecular species in three dimensions, cellular environment and also in the live cells.
Full research report on Global Super Resolution Microscopes Market with detailed figures and charts available at:
Life science dominated the application segment of the super resolution microscopes market in terms of share in 2014. Super resolution microscopes are considered to be viable external substitutes of electron microscopes as they enable researchers to accurately image biological specimens. Increasing research and development pertaining to the fields of neurology and cell biology is expected to further fuel the growth of this market. Nanotechnology is expected to gain significant market share in the recent years due to the increasing requirement of industrial microscopes with the growing usage of smart phones and electronic components around the globe.
Global super resolution microscopes market, by product, 2012-2022 (USD Million)
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- STED microscopes are identified as the most lucrative sub-segment of the market. The fact that STED microscopes use de-convolution techniques rather than mathematics based principles for image capturing is the most important driver of this market.
- The PALM and STORM product segments accounted for a significant market share in 2014. Live three-dimensional imaging with 3 to 6 color imaging patterns are expected to gain usage rate over the forecast period.
- North America was the most revenue generating region of the market. The market contributed more than 35.0% of the revenue in 2014. Increasing number of funding programs and growing research and development expenditure in the developed North American economies especially the U.S. is expected to drive regional market growth over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to spearhead future market growth. Growing interest of photonics companies and venture capitalists in the field of electronics and life sciences, in order to achieve alternate financing is the most vital growth driver of this market.
- Key players of the super resolution microscopes market include Leica Microsystems, Olympus Corporation, Nikon Corporation, Carl Zeiss and Hitachi High Technologies Corporation.
Get more information on Global Super Resolution Microscopes Market or request for sample of this research report at:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global super resolution microscopes market on the basis of product, application and region:
Global Super Resolution Microscopes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Stimulated Emission Depletion Microscopy (STED)
- Structured-Illumination Microscopy (SSIM)
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM)
- Fluorescence Photoactivation Localization Microscopy (FPALM)
- Photoactivated Localization Microscopy (PALM)
Global Super Resolution Microscopes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Life Science
- Research labs and Academia
- Semi Conductor
Global Super Resolution Microscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America:
- Asia Pacific:
- Latin America:
- Middle East and Africa (MEA):
- South Africa
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information, visit: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James
Email: Send Email
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States