Software defined networking market is expected to reach USD 4.91 billion by 2020. Software defined networking separates the control pane from the forwarding plane in a network. This helps in efficient data flow control and provides network administrators with a software-based approach to managing the network. Increasing need to implement cloud computing services in an organized and productive market is expected to drive the market growth. Also, the rise in demand for proliferation and mobility of mobile devices is projected to fuel market growth further over the forecast period.
Software defined network provided a software interface for a system administrator to control and manage the network in an easier and efficient manner thereby helping in setting up of efficient network infrastructure. However, due to the unavailability of any standard process in the implementation of SDN along with difficulty faced in migration from legacy systems is expected to restrain market growth over the forecast period. Rising trend of using BYOD in an organization is projected to serve as an emerging opportunity in the market.
Enterprises accounted for over 38% of the market share in 2013 and were the largest end-user segment. This trend will continue over the forecast period owing to increasing demand from various end-users including retail chains and hotels.
Full research report onsoftware defined networking market analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Telecommunications service provider segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period at a CAGR of more than 40% over the forecast period.
- Cloud virtualization applications in SDN solution accounted for over 25% market share and are projected to be the fastest and largest growing segment over the forecast period.
- North America, due to the need for highly advanced network infrastructure in the region and high penetration of mobile devices, is expected to remain the largest market over the forecast period.
- With trends including bring your own device (BYOD) catching up in Asia Pacific due to a growing need for a manageable network, the region is projected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period with a CAGR exceeding 45%.
- Global SDN market consists of many players providing end to end solutions. The industry is characterized by strategic initiatives such as frequent mergers and acquisition and strategic collaborations to consolidate market share and offer software, hardware as well as services. Some of the major industry players are NEC, Juniper Networks, VMware, HP, and Alcatel-Lucent.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
Grand View Research has segmented the SDN market on the basis of end users, solutions, and region:
SDN End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Cloud service providers
• Telecommunications service providers
SDN Solutions Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Cloud virtualization applications
SDN Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-software-defined-networking-sdn-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States