Global Smart Healthcare Market is expected to reach USD 225.54 Billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid technological advancements in healthcare IT is expected to remain a key driving factor of the global smart healthcare market over the forecast period. Growing implementation of inventory management systems such as RFID KanBan and RFID smart cabinets aimed at curbing inventory costs and ensure appropriate logistics management is expected to boost the growth of the smart healthcare market. Development of smart syringes, smart pills and smart bandages which enable remote monitoring of patients, help in diagnosing gastrointestinal diseases and infection spread minimization and remote monitoring of healing processes is expected to strengthen the platform for future market growth. On the other hand, high capital investments and poor awareness levels among consumers are some challenges faced by manufacturers.
mHealth is expected to register the fastest growth of over 40.0% over the forecast period. Key factors likely to drive segment growth include rapidly increasing incidence rates of chronic diseases, increasing smart phone penetration rates and heightening need to ensure improved healthcare outcomes.
Full research report on Smart Healthcare Market Analysis:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Electronic health record (EHR) emerged as the largest product segment in terms of revenue and was estimated at over USD 19.50 billion in 2014. Implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and HITECH Act is expected to make significant contributions towards segment growth. Key feature of HITECH Act includes the provision of USD 64,000 per year to healthcare practitioners adopting EHR systems.
- North America was the largest smart healthcare regional market in 2014. Presence of favorable government initiatives in the form of HITECH Act providing allowances to healthcare practitioners is one of the major factors expected to drive regional market growth. Presence of sophisticated IT infrastructure enabling easy implementation of advanced healthcare facilities is also expected to boost market growth over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a considerable pace over the forecast period owing to growing penetration of advanced healthcare facilities and rapidly evolving mobile & IT infrastructure. Increasing awareness among consumers pertaining to novel healthcare technologies such as telemedicine, mHealth and EHR is expected to further complement regional market growth.
- Key players operating in the smart healthcare market include Cisco, IBM, Olympus Corp., GE Healthcare, AT&T Inc., Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics, Logi-Tag, Wurth Group, AirStrip Technologies Inc., Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Pepperl+Fuchs and Given Imaging Inc.
Request for sample of this research report:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the smart healthcare market on the basis of product, and region:
Global Smart Healthcare Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2022)
- RFID KanBan systems
- RFID smart cabinets
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Client-server based
- Connectivity and network
- Monitoring services
- Diagnosis services
- Healthcare systems
- Smart pills
- Smart syringes
Smart Healthcare Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa
- Latin America
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States