Schneider Electric, the global leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, the industry’s first open innovation platform of buildings.
A part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Architecture, the novel product is the company’s IoT (Internet of Things)-enabled, plug and play, open, interoperable, architecture and platform.
EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity, it stated.
EcoStruxure Building’s open, end-to-end IP architecture enables quick, connectivity of IoT devices for faster commissioning and changes; provides for edge control and collaboration between building systems and third-party systems and devices, said a statement from Schneider Electric.
Its apps, analytics and services layer enables advance analysis and condition-based real-time decision-making, stated the company.
Schneider Electric said the novel product improves building value offering building owners and real estate professionals up to a 15 per cent premium on their buildings and up to 6 per cent additional rental value.
For developers, systems integrators and members of Schneider Electric’s EcoXpert partner program, EcoStruxure Building is designed to enable up to 30 per cent faster deployment through:
• Smart Connector framework for creating new system and app functionality
• Enterprise Central allows for 10x more scalability to easily execute site expansions
• Mobile commissioning, engineering efficiencies, and development applications for speed, repeatability and consistency
Derrek Clarke, industry analyst for Verdantix, said: “Schneider Electric was a clear break-away leader in our Facility Optimization Software report this year. Now, with the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, Schneider Electric offers even more innovation to take building operational efficiency to the next level.”
“Firms with complex operations that seek to future-proof their building system investments should shortlist Schneider Electric among their considered vendors,” he stated.
New elements of EcoStruxure Building include:
• EcoStruxure Building Advisor application automatically delivers condition-based maintenance across multiple sites to resolve up to 80 per cent of building issues remotely, decrease unscheduled maintenance by as much as 29 per cent, reduce energy costs by up to 30 per cent and reduce occupant complaints on average of 33 per cent.
• EcoStruxure Building Operations 2.0 is enhanced with best-in-class cybersecurity and delivers a customized native user experience through a responsive WebStation and mobile apps to engineer once, deploy-all-devices and provide mobile access on the go.
• SmartX IP Controllers and SmartX Living Space Sensors are next generation multipurpose field controller and sensors that leverage industry standards and IP-based open protocols for 30 per cent increase in engineering efficiency and 20 per cent faster commissioning leveraging the eCommission mobile app.
Laurent Bataille, the executive vice-president (EcoBuilding Division) said: “We are very excited about the launch of the next generation of EcoStruxure Building because it offers so many advances for both customers and partners to re-invent buildings.”
“It helps to extract and enhance efficiency, not only energy efficiency but integration, operational and engineering efficiency. It enhances comfort and productivity of building occupants, which is key to hiring and retaining talent. Finally, because EcoStruxure Building is scalable and future-ready with its IP capabilities, it helps building owners and developers to increase the value of their real estate for the long term,” he added.
Schneider Electric EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at every level, from Connected Products, Edge Control to Apps, Analytics & Services, said the statement from the company.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.