Polyethylene (PE) is a thermoplastic material produced from the polymerization of ethylene. It is used for the production of films, bottles, geomembranes, pipes, bags, cables, etc. Amongst these, PE pipes are generally manufactured with graded raw materials such as PE 100, PE 63 and PE 80. These pipes are durable, flexible, resistant to biological growth and do not rust or corrode. In addition to this, PE pipes can handle occasional surge events which recur in the water distribution systems. Moreover, PE pipes are light in weight due to which their transportation and handling costs are lower than their counterparts. As a result, these pipes have gained preference over pipes made from other materials, such as steel, copper, iron, concrete and aluminium, across Saudi Arabia. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Saudi Arabia PE Pipes Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the Saudi Arabia PE pipes market reached a volume of 155,431 Tons in 2017. The report further anticipates the market to reach a volume of 216,857 Tons by 2023, at a projected CAGR of nearly 6% over the forecast period.
Saudi Arabia PE Pipes Market Drivers/Constraints:
- The rapid rise in the demand for cheaper alternatives to steel pipes for the purpose of distributing oil and natural gas is one of the major factors which has been propelling the growth of the Saudi Arabia PE pipes market.
- There has been a significant increase in the ongoing infrastructural activities which range from the construction of industrial zones and business parks to the renovation in the education, health care and transportation sectors. This has, in turn, contributed towards an augmented demand for PE pipes across Saudi Arabia.
- The Government has been promoting the usage of PE pipes across the region as they help in reducing the greenhouse gas emissions. This has positively impacted the growth of the market.
- PE pipes do not offer resistance against oxidising acids, ketones and chlorinated hydrocarbons. This is one of the primary factors which has been impeding the market growth.
On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into HDPE, MDPE, LDPE and LLDPE. Amongst these, HDPE pipes represent the largest segment as they provide optimum resistance towards cracking, corrosion and high temperatures.
Want more information about this market? Request a free report sample
Currently, PE pipes are used for a variety of applications including water supply, gas supply, sewerage and drainage, mining and slurry lines, and irrigation. In Saudi Arabia, PE pipes are being majorly used for supplying water.
The Saudi Arabia PE pipes market is fragmented in nature with the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of price and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Saudi Plastic Products Company Ltd.
- Alwasail Industrial Company
- Arabian Gulf Manufacturers Ltd.
- Saudi Arabian Amiantit Company
- Al Jubail Sanitary Pipe Factory
Browse related reports:
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.