The global market for rigid polyurethane foams is expected to reach USD 20.40 billion by 2020. Growth of construction industry mainly in the emerging economies of China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the market for rigid polyurethane foams over the next six years. Grand View Research further observes that government support in promoting the usage of rigid polyurethane foams mainly for refrigeration applications in the U.S. is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Rigid Polyurethane (PU) Foams Market Analysis By Product (Molded Foam Parts, Slabstock Polyether, Slabstock Polyester) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at:
Slabstock foams including both slabstock polyether and slabstock polyester accounted for a major chunk in the global market and together accounted for over 60% of total market in 2012. Slabstock foams are widely used in furniture, mattresses, carpet cushions and packaging industries. The growth of furniture market on account of growing disposable income mainly in developing nations is expected to fuel the demand for slabstock foams. Slabstock polyester is expected to be the fastest growing polyurethane foam at an estimated CAGR of 5.4% from 2013 to 2020. Global market for molded foam parts is expected to exceed a market worth USD 3.50 billion by 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 7.8% from 2013 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global rigid polyurethane foams demand is expected to reach 5,844.3 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2013 to 2020
- Asia Pacific emerged as the leading market for rigid polyurethane foams and accounted for just over 40% of market volumes in 2012. The growth of construction and furniture industries in China, India and Indonesia has contributed to the growth of market. Asia Pacific along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing market for rigid polyurethane foams at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2013 to 2020
- North American market was led by the U.S. which accounted for over 85% of the regional market in 2012. Government support to promote the use of polyurethane foams for refrigeration application is expected to fuel its demand over the forecast period
- Europe accounted for just over one-third of the global market in 2012 and is expected to grow at a relatively slower pace than other regions on account of economic crisis which impacted demand in the region. Germany alone accounted for over 20% of the total regional consumption in 2012
- The global market for rigid polyurethane foam is dominated by top MNCs. Some of the major companies operating in the global market include Armacell GMBH, Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Bayer Material Science AG, Chemtura Corporation, Future Foams Inc, Huntsman Corporation, Recticel SA/NV, Rogers Corporation, Foamspartner Group, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation and Sekisui Alveo AG among some other companies.
Rigid Polyurethane Foams Product Outlook:
- Molded Foam Parts
- Slabstock Polyether
- Slabstock Polyester
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
Rigid Polyurethane Foams Regional Outlook:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Latest Report by Radiant Insights:
Global Wood Coatings Additivese Market Research Report:
Global Polypropylene (PP) Resin Market Research Report:
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, visit http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States