New startup ONGallery announced today that it is raising funds via an equity crowdfunding campaign on CrowdCube to complete the development of their revolutionary online art buying platform that aims to change the way that people buy art.
This comes as no surprise to online art specialists ONGallery, as the online art market is “exploding”! The internet offers the visual art market great opportunity for growth, and ONGallery is at the forefront of this revolution.
The global art market is currently estimated to be worth $100bn, which makes it larger than music, film or games; the online market is now worth $2.2bn and last year grew at an astounding 68%. The UK currently transact $22bn of this worldwide market.
Hiscox Online Art Trade Report (2015) predicts growth in online sales from $1.57bn in 2013 to $6.3bn by 2019.
This makes investing in ONGallery a low risk step. In the past couple of years’ millions of dollars have been invested in online sales platforms.
- 2013 Artspace received $8.5m (£5.2m) of investment
- Paddle8 received $6m (£3.6m) of investment – with investors including Damien Hirst and Jay Jopling.
- Vango raised $2.2m just last month.
In addition, in 2013, with launch of Amazon Art, the world largest online retailer, entered this space creating a marketplace for art galleries. ONGallery was accepted to be one of the Amazon Art handpicked sellers in September 2015.
Authentic, Limited Edition Art and Photography at Affordable Prices
ONGallery, offers a liberating alternative to expensive and intimidating galleries and their creative pricing, by connecting enthusiasts who love art, with artists who create great art, at prices they can afford.
Founding shareholders include Sir John Hegarty, founder of advertising giant BBH, and Tom Teichman, a leading venture capitalist.
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://www.crowdcube.com/investment/ongallery-20616
- Website to link to: www.ONGallery.com
- ONGallery was founded in 2014 by its now chief executive Peter Neilson. Peter drew on his expertise as a fashion and advertising photographer and a successful businessman to bring together the perfect team of people to build ONGallery into what it is today.
- The team have worked to deliver an intelligent sales platform, an excellent affiliate marketing strategy and of course a perfectly curated selection of artworks that truly make the company a business poised to disrupt its market in the most exciting way possible. ONGallery offers authentic and exclusive artwork to its consumers at an affordable price.
- It offers art for sale along the following guidelines:
- Prices range between £200 and £1,000
- 95% of the time the limited editions on sale are exclusive to ONGallery
- They are carefully framed, mounted and quality-controlled by hand, here in the UK
- They provide great value for buyers, while giving the artist a fair deal too
- The artworks are offered with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist or the artist’s estate
- An ONGallery purchase provides a good investment for the future – you will be one of only a very few people who own that image, in that format. If the artist’s work increases in value, so will your picture.
- The work is delivered free to to the buyer’s home or office anywhere within the UK and EU
Company Name: ONGALLERY.COM
Contact Person: Marek Pasternak
Email: Send Email
Phone: +44 (0)744 532 99 47
Address:7 Chelsea Gate Studios, 115 Harwood Road
Country: United Kingdom