Latest Trends In Beverage Market – Insightful And Valuable Analysis 2016 By Radiant Insights
More than 50% of prescriptions is written for people aged 65 years and older. Many older people suffer from comorbid conditions and one in three takes at least five drugs or more on a daily basis. This significantly increases the risk of Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) and hospitalization. Up to one third of emergency admissions in elderly people is drug-related.
There remains a lack of clinical data to support prescription decisions as relatively few medicines have been clinically evaluated in age-appropriate patients. In addition, many drugs are not available in formulations that are suitable for the elderly, leading to non-compliance and lack of therapeutic efficacy. In 2011, the EMA introduced its Geriatric Medicines Strategy to ensure that the medical requirements of older people are identified earlier in the drug development process. In 2012, the ICH E7 guidelines were revised to include a greater focus on involving more geriatric patients in drug trials.
– Reviews the current regulatory landscape and helps sponsors to understand the potential impact of recent guidelines.
– Assesses the barriers to entry in geriatric medicines and identifies potential ways to overcome them and improve clinical decision making.
– Evaluates the importance of establishing Target Quality Product Profiles (TQPP) to help sponsors determine the target patient population earlier on in drug development.
– Identifies treatment gaps and commercial opportunities based on primary care real-time data and KOL insights.
– Analyses different strategies to develop age-appropriate medicines in niche therapeutic fields and discusses methods to encourage the smarter prescription of medicines.
Key Reasons to Purchase
– Utilize the insights from this study to analyze the barriers facing the geriatrics market
– Understand the impact of drug development in this market now and in the future
– Find out why regulators are paying more attention to unnecessary “exclusion criteria” and encouraging the inclusion of older people to ensure trials are age-appropriate and more representative of the real world setting.
– Assess the opportunities available for companies to develop age-appropriate dosages and formulations for existing drug classes that are currently widely associated with ADEs in the elderly as well as new therapeutic prospects.
“Heathcare” Related Reports By Radiant Insights:
United States Archwire Industry 2016 Market –
United States Medical X-Ray Tube Industry 2016 Market –
Global Foot Massager Industry 2016 Market –
Table of Contents:
Geriatric medicines: an overview
Unmet clinical needs
Political will for change
Strategic considerations for developing geriatric medicines
Barriers to developing geriatric drugs
Clinical trial considerations
“Big data’s” role in identifying treatment gaps and commercial opportunities
Raising physician and patient awareness
Commercial opportunities to address the treatment gap
Improving existing therapies
New therapeutic opportunities
Browse More Categories @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog
Radiant Insights Inc. is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States