Puerto Rico is one of the most developed telecom markets in Latin America, with service penetration rates above the regional average and technology adoption trends highly influenced by the mainland US market. With a challenging economic context ahead, we expect the Puerto Rican telecom market will experience very moderate growth throughout the forecast period, mainly driven by the mobile and fixed data segments. We project that from 2015 to 2020, telecom and pay-TV service revenue will increase at a 1.7% CAGR, from $2.3bn in 2015 to $2.5bn in 2020.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/puerto-rico-amid-challenging-economic-conditions
- The Puerto Rican telecom market generated an estimated $2.3bn in telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2015, 0.7% up on the previous year as a result of the island’s difficult economic environment. With a challenging economic context ahead, we expect the telecom market to experience very moderate growth though the forecast period, expanding at a 1.7% CAGR between 2015 and 2020, mainly driven by the mobile and fixed data segments.
- Competition in the Puerto Rican telecom and pay-TV market has intensified over the past five years, resulting in a wave of mergers and acquisitions that has significantly reduced the number of players in the fixed and pay-TV segments.
- Claro is currently the largest telecom player on the island, responsible for nearly 34% of the total revenue in the market in 2015. The Pan-America operator currently offers mobile and fixed communications services as well as pay-TV services.
- Puerto Rico closed 2015 with an estimated 3.2m active mobile subscribers and a penetration rate of 92.2%, below the Latin American average (115.3%). As we move forward, we project that Puerto Rico’s mobile subscriber base will continue expanding during the 2015-2020 period at a 0.8% CAGR.
- Puerto Rico closed 2015 with a voice-line penetration of the population of 24.4%. Fixed broadband penetration of the population stood at 17.8% at the end of 2015, one of the highest in the region.
- Puerto Rico reached 694,400 pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 56.5% at the end of 2015, above the Latin American average (42.1%). Liberty Global is currently Puerto Rico’s largest pay-TV service provider, followed by DTH/satellite operators DIRECTV, now part of ATandT, and Dish Puerto Rico, with estimated shares of 32.1% and 28.3%, respectively.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/telecommunications
Pyramid Research’s report, “Puerto Rico: Amid Challenging Economic Conditions, MandA Activity Increases and Competition Intensifies,” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Puerto Rico today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Puerto Rico’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Puerto Rico in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Puerto Rico.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers’ performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Puerto Rico’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/puerto-rico-amid-challenging-economic-conditions#tabs-4
Reasons To Buy
- Facilitates service providers, mobile operators, tower operators, equipment manufacturers/vendors, investment banks, management consulting companies, industry associations, and regulators, to gain a context of the Puerto Rican telecom services market, to align business strategies.
- Understand Puerto Rico’s telecommunications regulatory framework, and how it will evolve over the next 18-24 months.
- Assess Puerto Rico’s fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV market size.
- Investigate current and forecast trends in Puerto Rico’s fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- Gain insight on Puerto Rico’s telecom and pay-TV market competitive landscape, examining key trends in competition and service providers’ performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next five years.
- Identify and assess the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Puerto Rico’s telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Aesthetic Lasers and Energy Devices Market –
- Pulse Oximetry Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States