The global protein ingredients market is expected to reach USD 48.77 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising market acceptance, especially in dietary supplements and functional foods is expected to drive protein ingredients demand over the next nine years. Scientific research and studies have proven the health benefits associated with the intake of protein rich diet.
Rising consumer preference for healthy diet has resulted in augmented demand for protein ingredients in the past few years. This trend is expected to remain strong in the near future as consumers look for healthier and sustainable options.
Heightened consumer awareness regarding the health benefits of protein rich diet in developing countries has fueled the demand for protein ingredients. Furthermore, economic development coupled with increased purchasing power in China, India, South Korea, and South East Asian countries is projected to positively impact the growth of protein ingredients market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on global protein ingredients market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/protein-ingredients-market
U.S. protein ingredients market volume, by application, 2014 – 2025 (Kilo tons)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global demand for protein ingredients was around 4,500 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to reach over 8,000kilo tons by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025
- Plant proteins accounted for over 40% of global volumes in 2015, and is expected to grow over the next nine years on account of increasing consumer inclination towards vegetarian products
- Egg protein segment has dominated the animal proteins segment in 2015, accounting for over 43% of global animal proteins market volume owing to rising demand in bakery, snacks, and dietary supplements
- Whey protein concentrates and milk protein concentrates were the other key segments of the animal proteins market in 2015 on account of growing health awareness among consumers
- Food & beverage was the highest revenue generating segment of the protein ingredients market growing at a CAGR of over 5% from 2016 to 2025 due to rising population in developing countries
- Europe was the second largest market for protein ingredients in 2015, accounting for over 30% of the global consumption owing to growth of personal care & cosmetics sector in France, Germany and UK
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
Global plant protein ingredients market volume, by product, 2015
Grand View Research has segmented the global protein ingredients market on the basis of product type, application and region:
Protein Ingredients Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Plant proteins
- Animal proteins
Plant Protein Ingredients Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Soy protein concentrates
- Soy protein isolates
- Textured soy protein
Animal Protein Ingredients Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Egg protein
- Milk protein concentrates/isolates
- Whey protein concentrates
- Whey protein hydrolysates
- Whey protein isolates
Protein Ingredients Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Foods & beverages
- Infant formulations
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Animal Feed
Protein Ingredients Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million,2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Access research insight: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/protein-ingredients-market-insights-size-share
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States