Owning a house is dream of everyone.Now the Indian Government is going to help you in fulfilling this dream. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is the name of the scheme that aims to provide houses at very affordable rates. To start applying, One must fill in the application form and submit it before the last date. In this article, we will provide you the official notification, important dates & Application form filling steps.
Pradhan Mantri Urban Awas Yojana (Scheme) is also known as HFA which stands for Housing for All ! The most recent official notification regarding the same was launched in April 2016. Later in the article, you can download the notification as pdf file.
The Housing for All Scheme is a revolutionary scheme that will complete in year 2022. It will be a great gift to the Indian Citizens on the eve of 75th anniversary of our Independence. PM Shri Narendra Modi is determined to make sure that every citizen gets a home at affordable price.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana : Implementation
This scheme will be implemented from 2015 to 2022. The program has started working from 17th June and will continue till 31st March 2022. All towns under the Census 2011 would be covered in PMAY.
Name of the Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) or Housing for All Scheme 2022
- Aim – Providing Quality Homes at affordable prices
- Duration of the Scheme – 7 years ( from June 2015 to March 2016)
- Which Cities/ Towns are covered – All under the Census 2011
- Applicable for – EWS/LIG (Economically Weaker Section/ Lower Income Group)
- Main Feature – Credit Linked Subsidy
In order to verify that the applicant belongs to the EWS or LIG group, the applicant needs to submit self-certificate or Affidavit as proof of Income
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ( PMAY ) – Implementation Steps
- State/UT signs the Agreement
- State/UT Sends the proposal to the Ministry
- State/Cities conduct a survey to understand the demand
- Housing for All Action Plan is prepared which contains the demand of housing by eligible beneficiaries
- Application Form is released and the applicants are asked to submit it
- The details of beneficiaries are collected
Housing Scheme for All 2022 has been renamed to PMAY – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This scheme has been launched on 25th June 2015 . This latest housing scheme launched by PM Narendra Modi aims to construct about 2 crore houses in the country within these 7 years i.e. from 2015 to 2022. People who will be benefited through this scheme will be homeless ones, poor urban people and belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
Housing for All – 2022 | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Complete Details
Indian Government will focus on creating housing units under three different phases –
- Phase 1 – The Phase 1 of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will continue from April 2015 to March 2017 . In this phase 100 cities will be selected
- Phase 2 – The Phase 2 of PMAY Housing for All 2022 will take place from April 2017 to March 2019 .This Scheme will cover 200 more cities
- Phase 3 – Phase 3, the final phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana Scheme will take place from April 2019 to March 2022. This final phase will cover all remaining cities.
PMAY – PM Awas Yojana Beneficiaries
The main beneficiaries of this latest housing for all scheme 2022 will be –
- People belonging to Scheduled Casts(SC)
- People belonging to Scheduled Tribes(ST)
- Economically weaker section(EWS)
Central Government has planned to grant subsidy for these beneficiaries to buy home. The subsidy amount will be from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.30 lakhs
Important Points to Note Down Regarding HFA (Housing for All Scheme) – 2022
- This Awas Yojana will be implemented during 2015 to 2022 i.e. 17/06/2015 to 31/03/2022
- To be eligible to receive the central assistance under the mission the Beneficiary family should not own a “pucca” house
- The mission will support construction of houses upto 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- The minimum size of houses constructed under the mission under each component should conform to the standards provided in National Building Code (NBC).
- The houses under the mission should be designed and constructed to meet the requirements of structural safety against earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc. conforming to the National Building Code and other relevant Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) codes.
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme – What is it?
- Credit linked subsidy will be provided on home loans taken by eligible urban poor (EWS/LIG) for acquisition, construction of house.
- The credit linked subsidy will be available only for loan amounts upto Rs 6 lakhs and additional loans beyond Rs. 6 lakhs, if any, will be at nonsubsidized rate
- Beneficiaries of Economically Weaker section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) seeking housing loans from Banks, Housing Finance Companies and other such institutions would be eligible for an interest subsidy at the rate of 6.5 % for a tenure of 15 years or during tenure of loan whichever is lower.
- Credit linked subsidy would be available for housing loans availed for new construction and addition of rooms, kitchen, toilet etc. to existing dwellings as incremental housing. The carpet area of houses being constructed under this component of the mission should be upto 30 square metres and 60 square metres for EWS and LIG, respectively in order to avail of this credit linked subsidy.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme :
- Interest Subsidy of 6.5 percent on housing loan will be provided for 15 years to the beneficiaries
- While Registering for the various Affordable housing Schemes under the PMAY, it would be important for the applicants to include the name of Wife or Mother.
- Note : The newly constructed houses will either be alloted on the name of the female head of the family or it could be joint name of male and female head of family.
- Older and Differently-abled persons will be given preference in the allotment of ground floors under the PM Awas Yojana Scheme.
- Eco Friendly and sustainable technologies will be used during the construction process.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme – Interest Rate, EMI Calculation and Subsidy
The EMI to be paid on the loans taken for this scheme will be reduced to significant amount under this scheme. The housing loan currently are available at a interested rate of 10.50 percent. As per the calculation, the EMI on such loan of Rs. 6 lakh for 15 year time would comes out to be Rs. 6,632. As per the PM Awas Scheme, due to 6.50 subsidy the new EMI will be Rs. 4050. So there is a benefit of Rs. 2000 in the EMI itself.
- Component 1 – Central Grant of Rs. 1 Lakh(Average) would be provided to the beneficiary.
- Component 2 – Subsidy of 6.50 % will be provided to EWS & LIG via credit linked subsidy scheme.
- Component 3 – Central Assistance of 1.50 lakh will be provided to each beneficiary for promoting housing stock for urban poor, provided 35 percent of dwelling units of the projects proposed are earmarked for EWS category.
- Component 4 – Central Assistance of Rs. 1.50 lakhs will be provided to eligible urban poor, who can build new house or undertake improvements of existing houses.
How to Apply for Housing for All 2022 – PMAY Scheme
- Download the Application Form
- Fill in the required Details
- Submit the Form at concerned Office
Important Dates : Scheme Duration – 2015 to 2022