The global polycystic ovarian syndrome treatment market is expected to reach USD 5.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. According to the Centers of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is the most common cause of female infertility. Approximately 6% to 12% women of reproductive age suffer from PCOS in the U. S. Moreover, progression of this condition can lead to metabolic abnormalities, which may result in development of type 2 diabetes, if the syndrome is not treated on time. The severity of the disorder increases the risk of developing uterine and endometrial cancers in patients. Thus, early diagnosis and effective treatment are significant for successful recovery.
Presently, no specific drug is commercially available for this condition. Thus, treating symptoms is the prime aim of the treatment regimen. Owing to the various symptoms associated with this syndrome, a range of drug class/combinations is used in the treatment. Therefore, market leaders are focusing on developing a specific drug/treatment to cure the root cause of this disease. AstraZeneca is one of the leaders involved in developing such a drug.
Full Research Report On Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Treatment Market Analysis:
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Constantly rising prevalence of PCOS is primarily driving the growth of this market across the globe
- Initiatives undertaken by government bodies and market players to create awareness about benefits of early diagnosis and commercially available treatment for PCOS among women is boosting the market
- Treatment of PCOS mainly includes lifestyle modification through balanced diet, exercise, and drugs such as oral contraceptives, antiandrogens, insulin-sensitizing agents, anti-obesity agents, and antidepressants
- Surgical procedures such as ovarian wedge resection and laparoscopic ovarian drilling are preferred when patients do not respond to drug therapy
- Insulin-sensitizing agents segment is dominating the market since these drugs are widely used for treatment of insulin resistance to prevent diabetes, which is a risk associated with PCOS
- Oral Contraceptive Pills (OCPs) segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate followed by antiandrogen agents that are used for treating symptomatic conditions such as hirsutism and acne
- North America is dominating the market followed by Europe. High awareness and availability of advanced healthcare facilities are factors responsible for the dominant share held by this region
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period.Increasing government initiatives for raising awareness about symptoms & diagnosis of PCOS and available treatment are increasing the number of women being diagnosed with this syndrome in the region
- China is one of the most lucrative markets with tremendous growth opportunities for global as well as local players owing to presence of a large pool of obese female population, which is at high risk of PCOS
- Key players in the market include AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Merck KGaA, Abbott, Sanofi, Pfizer, Inc., Bristol-Myer Squibb Company, and Novartis AG. The market also includes other emerging players such as Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which are expected to grow significantly in the near future.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Grand View Research has segmented the PCOS treatment market on the basis of drug class, surgery type, and region:
Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 – 2025)
- Oral Contraceptives
- Insulin Sensitizing Agent
Surgery Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 – 2025)
- Ovarian Wedge Resection
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access Full Press Of This Report By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-pcos-treatment-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States