The global perlite market is anticipated to reach USD 1,591.4 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The advantages offered by perlite in construction applications include increased mechanical strength, lightweight, and weather-resistant finish. These advantages are anticipated to boost industry growth over the forecast period.
Growing urbanization and increasing industrialization has led to a rise in demand for perlite in construction sector. Increasing participation to sustain the demand, coupled with the reduced raw material prices, is projected to drive perlite market over the forecast period. Several manufacturing companies are shifting their focus toward developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Central & South America (CSA) on account of the availability of cheap labor.
Perlite market is governed by strict regulations for its use in construction, filtration, and agriculture. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has laid down guidelines for perlite producers to ensure the safety of workers in mines. Technological innovations aimed toward the development of cost-effective manufacturing processes are also expected to remain a critical success factor for market growth over the forecast period.
The industry is highly competitive in nature due to the presence of several global market players. A large number of market participants are collaborating with research agencies to develop improved perlite products with different applications to gain a competitive edge.
Access Full research report on Perlite Market analysis: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/perlite-market
U.S. perlite market revenue, by application, 2014 – 2025 (USD million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global perlite industry was valued at USD 891.1 million in 2016. The market is anticipated to reach USD 1,591.4 million by 2025, denoting a CAGR of 7.0% from 2017 to 2025.
- In terms of revenue, construction products dominated the segment in 2016. The segment accounted for over 31.1% of the total market in the same year.
- Horticultural & agricultural application was ranked at the second position, accounting for 25.4% of the total market in 2016 in terms of revenue. Perlite is used in agricultural applications on account of its ability to carry herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific has dominated the global perlite market in the past few years, accounting for a share of 33.8% in 2016. This dominance is expected to continue over the forecast period owing to significant growth in end-use industries.
- The industry is highly competitive in nature with the presence of several global players
- Some of the key players operating in the industry are Aegean Perlites SA, Bergama Perlite, Supreme Perlite Company, The Schundler Company, and Genper Group
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-bio-based-and-water-soluble-polymers
Global perlite market revenue, by region, 2016 (%)
Grand View Research has segmented the global perlite market in terms of application and region:
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Construction Products
- Horticultural & Agricultural
- Filtration & Process Aid
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia PacificCentral & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View press release of this research report by Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-perlite-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States