The global PON equipment market is expected to reach USD 46.46 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The high capacity telecommunications network for transmitting information as optical signals is expected to drive the demand. The increased bandwidth and decreased transmission delay between the end-points are anticipated to offer significant opportunities for development.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/passive-optical-network-pon-equipment-market
However, the high installation cost at the operators’ interface, owing to the operational cost, is expected to challenge the industry penetration over the next eight years. The industry is consolidated with the on-going R&D investments to obtain competitive advantages, which is projected to result in mergers& acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
Furthermore, the growing demand for a strong optical network setup and energy conservation is anticipated to bolster the growth of the GPON equipment industry. The GPON equipment infrastructure comprises a single optical fiber accessed by multiple users with the help of optical splitters; this is considered to be a cost-effective technology for fiber-to-the-home deployments. The bandwidth intensive applications in the emerging markets offer substantial growth opportunities for the equipment.
The increasing investments from public and private sectors with the exceeding data traffic are expected to be the key drivers. This equipment enables millions of signals to be impressed through the frequency division multiplexing. Additionally, the optimized bandwidth connectivity and high return on investments (ROI) are also expected to contribute to the PON equipment market.
However, the high installation costs at the operator’s end would make it difficult to offer services at an affordable price. Furthermore, the operational cost of the.optical network equipment may also hinder growth.
Browse Other Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/electronics
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In 2015, GPON equipment captured a revenue share of over 65% of the overall revenue. It is considered as a lucrative segment owing to the increased bandwidth capabilities, including the internet and digital content over a single optic line in the commercial and residential sectors.
- The GPON optical network terminal (ONT) component is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 20% over the forecast period. It is placed at the central office and functions as the LAN combination unit for assimilating video, data, and voice services.
- The EPON optical line terminal component (OLT) is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 21% from 2016 to 2024. OLT is installed at the subscriber premises and offers local service interfaces to the users.
- The large-scale investments in the R&D infrastructure, as well as increased internet penetration in countries such as China, Japan, and Taiwan, is projected to lead the Asia Pacific equipment industry to capture an enormous share of over USD 18 billion by 2024.
- Notable companies operating in the PON equipment market, include Alcatel-Lucent S.A, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Calix Inc., and ZTE Corporation. The rapidly evolving technologies for new product developments have led to mergers & acquisitions and strategic alliances between the players.
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Chemicals Market –
- Media Market –
- Information Technology Market –
About Radiant Insight
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic dxecision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States