The global ovarian cancer drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 4.5 billion by 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 23.7% during the forecast period. The growth of the market is largely driven by factors such as increased adoption of novel drugs and presence of strong pipeline. Rising incidence of ovarian cancer due to growing geriatric population and unhealthy lifestyles is providing an up thrust to the market.
Ovarian cancer accounts for 3.0% of all malignant tumors among women and 6.0% of all female deaths due to cancer. Ovarian cancer accounted for 235,200 new cases and 140,000 deaths worldwide in 2016 with the highest incidence being reported in North America and Europe.
Introduction of non-platinum based PARP inhibitors and VEGF inhibitors in second and third-line settings has changed the treatment regime for ovarian cancer dramatically. Several biologic and small-molecule therapies including antibody drug conjugates (ADC) in development are estimated to have a major impact on ovarian cancer treatment spectrum.
Download Full Research Report of Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/ovarian-cancer-drugs-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• EU5 is projected to be the second largest market with more than 10.0% share in 2022, owing to increasing ovarian cancer incidence and approval of PARP inhibitors
• Key players in the industry are focusing on collaborations for development, broader product portfolios, and regional expansion in emerging markets to increase their market share
• Combination regimens and pipeline breakthroughs, specifically those including checkpoint inhibitors such as Roche’s Tecentriq and Pfizer’s Bavencio, are poised to be the upcoming milestones for ovarian cancer treatment
• PARP inhibitors are anticipated to be the fastest growing drug class in the ovarian cancer market through the forecast period. Factors such as continued uptake of approved PARP inhibitors owing to their superior efficacy, long treatment duration, and considerable number of treatment opportunities in first-line advanced settings are likely to propel the growth of the drug class.
• Although angiogenesis inhibitors accounted for the majority of shares in the market in 2016, the drug class is expected to capture a marginal share in 2022 owing to increasing competition from PARP inhibitors and novel pipeline products
• Out of 78 drugs in the pipeline for ovarian cancer, 11 drugs are in Phase III, 29 in Phase II and the remaining in Phase I and pre-clinical trials
• A greater understanding of tumor microenvironment is estimated to occur, which would further drive successful development of new patient-specific therapies through the forecast period
• Late-stage pipeline includes novel drugs such as ImmunoGen’s mirvetuximab soravtansine and Vascular Biogenics’ VBL-111.
Request a Free Sample Copy of Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/ovarian-cancer-drugs-market/request-sample
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1. Information Procurement
1.2. Information or Data Analysis
1.2.1 Market Formulation & Validation
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Disease Primer and Epidemiology
3.1. Disease Primer and Epidemiology
3.1.1. Current Prevalence Rate and Incidence Rate for Seven Major Markets (U.S., Japan, EU5)
Chapter 4 Global Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market Overview
4.1 Major Therapeutic Classes for Ovarian Cancer
4.2 Market, by Therapeutic Class
4.3 Sales Performance, by Therapeutic Class (2016 – 2022)
4.3.1. PARP Inhibitors
4.3.2. Angiogenesis Inhibitors
4.3.3. PD-L1 Inhibitors
4.4 Market Size and Forecast (2016- 2022)
4.5 Market Size and Forecast, by Seven Major Markets (2016- 2022)
4.5.1 U.S., Sales by Therapeutic Class (2016 – 2022)
4.5.2 U.K., Sales by Therapeutic Class (2016 – 2022)
4.5.3 Germany, Sales by Therapeutic Class (2016 – 2022)
To read more reports of this category, Visit our blog:
About Radiant Insights, Inc
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc.
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras, Corporate Sales Specialist – USA
Email: Send Email
Phone: (415) 349-0054, Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744
Address:201 Spear Street 1100, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States