Needham, MA – May 6, 2015 – The Object Management Group® (OMG®) announced today the full agenda for its special event: OMG IIoT Standards at Work in the Industrial Internet of Things. This event will be held on June 17that the Radisson Blu Hotel in Berlin, Germany.
OMG has been active in IIoT standardization from long before “IIoT” became an industry buzzword. This half-day special event looks at two important areas where OMG standards are proving integral to IIoT efforts around the globe: Data-Distribution Service for Real-Time Systems (DDS) and Systems Assurance (SysA). Industry experts will share case studies of these standards at work in the Industrial Internet, and present their vision of the future within this rapidly growing field.
The agenda of speakers and topics includes:
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, Object Management Group and Executive Director, Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC)
- OMG IIoT Standards at Work – An Overview: Andrew Watson, Vice President and Technical Director Object Management Group
- System Assurance – Discipline of Building Confidence that System is Trustworthy: Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics, Inc. and Co-Chair, Systems Assurance Platform Task Force
- Case Study: Reactive and Data-Centric Architectures with DDS: Dr. Angelo Corsaro, Ph.D., CTO, PrismTech and Co-Chair, Data Distribution Service (DDS) Platform Special Interest Group
- Case Study: How to Connect your Diverse Platforms::Ms. Nina Tucker, Vice President, Twin Oaks Computing
- Case Study: Securing the IIoT with DDS-Security: Dr. Gerardo Pardo-Castellote, Ph.D., CTO, Real-Time Innovations and Co-Chair, Data Distribution Service (DDS) Platform Special Interest Group
Click here to learn more and register for this complementary special event which is scheduled from 8:45 AM to noon. This event is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting, which runs from June 15-19.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes.
Visit www.omg.org for more information.