Needham, MA – May 6, 2015 – The Object Management Group® (OMG)® announced today the full agenda for its special event: Essence in Practice: A Revolution in Software Engineering. This event will be held on June 18th at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Berlin, Germany.
The agenda of speakers and topics includes:
- Welcome and Introductions: June Sung Park, Professor, ISE & CS, KAIST, Chairman and President, SEMAT Inc.
- Morning Keynote Presentation – The ESSENCE of the Industrial Internet:Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, Object Management Group
- Essence in Practice Foundation:
- Essence-Powered Scrum – A Generic Approach to Describing Practices Using Essence Kernel and Language: June Sung Park, Professor, ISE & CS, KAIST, Chairman and President, SEMAT Inc.
- Practices and Methods – Realizing the SEMAT Vision: Ian Spence, European CTO, Ivar Jacobson International and Roly Stimson, Principal Consultant, Ivar Jacobson International
- Essence in Practice – Industrial Examples, Tools and Training
- We All Have Different Ways to do Things, And That’s OK: Ed Seymour, Cloud Domain Architect, Red Hat
- Essence in Practice Experiences from Fujitsu: Ste Nadin, Chief Architect, Business and Application Services, Fujitsu Services
- Open Source Tool Support for Essence: Rick JinYoung Jang, CEO, uEngine Solutions
- Minimal Educational Effort – Maximal Outcome!: Mira Kajko-Mattsson, Associate Professor, KTH, The Royal Institute of Technology
- Essence in Practice – Industrial Experiences and Extensions
- Essence in Practice Experiences from MunichRe: Burkhard Perkens-Golomb, IT Architect, MunichReI
- Experiences with the use of Essence at the Federal Government in Brazil: Vinicius Silva, Ministry of Planning, Budgeting and Management of Brazil
- Software Engineering in the Systems Context: Harold “Bud” Lawson, Professor Emeritus
- Extending Essence for Business and Service Engineering – with Symphonical Tool Support: Arne J. Berre, Chief Scientist, SINTEF and Brian Elvesæter, Research Scientist, SINTEF
- Future Perspectives
- Afternoon Keynote Presentation: The Future of Software Engineering – as Seen with SEMAT Glasse: Ivar Jacobson, Founder, Ivar Jacobson International
- Panel Discussion: Succeeding with Essence in Practice
Click here to learn more and register for this all day special event. Registration for this event is $175 US. This event is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting, which runs from June 15-19.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes.
Visit www.omg.org for more information.