According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Oleochemicals Market: By Type (Fatty Acids, Fatty Acid Methyl Esters, Fatty Alcohols, Glycerine, Fatty Amines and Others); By Application (Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Food & Beverages, Soaps & Detergents, lubricants and Grease, Polymers, Paints and Coatings, Intermediates and Others); By Geography – Forecast (2016 – 2021)”, the market is driven by vertical integrations.
APAC held the largest market share and growth rate in the Oleochemicals Market
Asia-Pacific region accounts for both the largest market share and growth in the Global Oleochemicals Market, and is anticipated to reach $16.16 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.6%. The APAC Market is mainly driven by a wide range of applications. The key end users include animal feed, food, electronics, metalworking & foundries, and personal care, printing, waxes and candles, healthcare, mining, paints and coatings, plastic, rubber production, and industrial lubricants among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- Value chain analysis is a useful tool to analyze the activities that include design, production, marketing and distribution of a particular product.
- Raw Material Manufacturers: Value chain of oleochemicals initially starts from procuring raw material from various suppliers to produce base grade oleochemicals. These raw materials include vegetable oils and animal fats. Their processing charges add value to the end product.
- Once the basic oleochemicals are manufactured, they undergo variety of chemical reactions to form derivatives. There are many derivative manufacturing companies. Unlike the plantation companies, the level of consolidation is high in basic and derivative manufacturing companies.
- Finally, once the derivatives are manufactured, these are consumed by the end user segments.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Paints and coatings find their application in a number of industries, due to which even the oleochemicals demand will grow up in the near future.
- Across the world there have been growing developments in the plantations side and eventually, there will be a shift from petrochemicals to oleochemicals.
- Vertical Integration is another reason why there is growth in this industry. Large plantations have started to invest in downstream feedstock processing.
- Oleochemicals based products offer a significant diversification opportunity for chemical companies. Asia is the preferred geography with a growing market and availability of feedstock.
- To capitalize on this opportunity, companies can explore partnerships / mergers with base oleochemicals companies, or think about integrating forward / backward themselves.
- Growing demand from end user segment and availability of raw material together with competitiveness of the industry has resulted in the growing future of the market.
- The growth of cosmetics market in the U.S. will positively affect Oleochemicals Market.
- To a large extent, the growth of biodiesel depends on direct or indirect subsidies for the agriculture and on tax exemptions.
- Chemical companies which explore organic and inorganic growth options in this space could be poised for major growth.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the below link:
Key players of Wireline Services Market:
- BASF stood in first position in terms of generating highest revenue, followed by Wilmar International, which was followed by Clariant AG. The highest gross profit company was BASF with $21.16 billion and the company with lowest gross profit of $42.63 million was IOI group.
- BASF has invested high amount of money when compared to other companies in the R&D segment, with investments around $2.1 billion across its business divisions, whereas Clariant and Croda International invested $212.3 million and $38.2 million respectively.
- Wilmar International is one of the key players in Oleochemicals market with 21% of the market share. The company has carried out various major acquisitions during 2005-2010 which contributed to the positive growth of the company. Wilmar manufactures a series of fatty acids, alcohols methyl esters, glycerine and derivatives as well.
- Wilmar is followed by Emery Oleochemicals which holds 18% of the overall market share. Emery’s business is aligned solely into fatty acids, methyl esters, glycerine and alcohols.
- Apart from the above mentioned two key players, KLK oleo (Malaysia), IOI Group (Malaysia) and PT Ecogreen (Indonesia) together accounted for 39% of the total oleochemicals market in 2015.
- The others category contributed 8% consisting of companies such as Sinarmas (Indonesia), PT Medan sugar industry (Indonesia) and few others.
- Since there is an oversupply of oleochemicals, the companies are planning to increase their tilization rates, which is anticipated to grow, due to the growing commodity prices in 2017 and forward
- Plantation companies like Sime Darby Plantation, FGV (Felda global), Genting plantation and IOI Group are the major ones from where base oleochemical manufacturers procure the raw materials.
- Going further, companies can also plan to establish their footprint in new geographies which could provide them a first mover advantage and position them as a strong integrated player.
Oleochemicals Market Report is segmented as indicated below
- Oleochemicals Market By Raw Material Type:
1 Animal Fats
2 Tropical Oils
2.1 Palm Kernel oil
2.2 Coconut oil
2.3 Palm oil
3 Soft oils
3.1 Soya Oil
3.2 Sunflower oil
3.3 Rape oil
- Oleochemicals Market By Process:
1 Hydrolysis Process
- Oleochemicals Market By Type:
2 Fatty Acids
3 Fatty Alcohols
5 Fatty Animes
6 Fatty Acid Methyl Esters
- Oleochemicals Market by End User
2 Animal Feed
2.1 Nutritional Supplements
2.2 Emulsifiers for Calf milk replacers
3.1 Emulsifiers & Specialties for bread, cakes, & pastries
4.1 Wire Insulation
4.2 Insulating Varnishes
4.3 Special purpose plastic components
5 Metalworking & foundries
5.1 Cutting Oils
5.3 Buffering and polishing compounds
6 Personal care
6.3 Creams & Lotions
7.1 Printing & Inks
7.2 Paper Coatings
7.3 Photographic Printing
7.4 Sopa Detergents
7.5 Industrial and Domestic
8 Waxes & Candles
9.1 Tabletting aids
10.1 Froth flotation of ores
10.2 Surface active
11 Paints & Coatings
11.1 Alkyd & Other resins
11.2 Drying Oils
11.3 Protective Coatings
12.1 Stabilizers & Plasticizers
12.2 Mould Release Agents
12.3 Antistatic & Antifogging Aids
12.4 Polymerisation Emulsifiers
13 Rubber Production
13.1 Vulcanising Agents
13.3 Mould Release Agents
14 Industrial Lubricants
14.1 General & Specialty Lubricants
14.2 Base oil for nontoxic biodegradable lubricants
- Oleochemicals Market By Geography (Covers 12 + Countries)
- Oleochemicals Market By Entropy
- Wilmar International Limited
- Emery Oleochemicals
- Croda International PLC
- BASF SE
- Clariant AG
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad
- Stepan Company
- Ecogreen Oleochemicals
- Company 9
- Company 10+
What can you expect from the report?
The Oleochemicals Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Manufacturer Landscape
- Distributor Landscape
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis (By Revenue & Volume)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Q. Does IndustryARC publish country, geography or application based reports in Oleochemicals Market?
Response: Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- Americas Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Europe Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- APAC Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- RoW Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Animal Feed Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Food Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Electronics Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Metalworking & foundries Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Printing Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Waxes & Candles Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Healthcare Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Mining Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Paints & Coatings Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Plastic Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Rubber Production Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
- Industrial Lubricants Market for Oleochemicals (2018-2023)
Q. Does IndustryARC customize these reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other major customizations can be discussed with our team, we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can drop in an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.